No internet via ethernet after Microsoft June update??

krazylegz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Afternoon all long time no speak,

I have a Dell Latitude 3520 (approximately 6months old) running Windows 10pro version 21H2, and since the June update (KB5014699) I have limited internet access via ethernet lead, will work normally for about 1 minute then, Google maps will work, google will show search results but clicking on a search result or other bookmarks I have none will work.

If I take out the ethernet lead they all work fine, I have tried to uninstall the update but it fails to uninstall.

I have been on the Dell website and updated any Bios/drivers there was to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to sort it other than a system rollback?

Try cable on other pc if possible with same router
If it works the original Computer may be defective try a USB->LAN connector if it's just the LAN connector that's gone.
should always have a backup image for safe keeping will rule out OS Macrium free will do it for you in future

Last edited:
It is 100% that update as I had one of the IT lads from work remotely look at it and he tracked it back to the June update, uninstalled it and everything went back to normal but he did say that if it came back on he would need me to drop the laptop off to him to look at it properly. Not really do-able as its 230 miles down to HQ then there is no say to how long he would need it.

All drivers are up to date according to Dell website and is limited to laptop as I took it home and tried on my home network and it's still the same.

Yes scan for virus and malware been done with no threats returned.

IT guy connected remotely then you took it home ?

a saved backup image would save you the hassle if your sure its OS related however

Last edited:
I would do the rollback or depending on what's on it, a fresh install.
I've spent days trying to solve quirky little problems such as yours and nearly always ended up doing a nuke and pave. Why put off the inevitable?

Thanks all, just went to do a roll back and can't do one as it was turned off 😣.

Guess I'll just manage on Wi-Fi until they release new updates or drivers.

Back