N64 on the Wii?

The Mackem

Member ++
Reaction score
With the Wii having the ability to be able to download N64 games from the web and store them on memory card albeit for a price of a few quid, what's the possibility of just being able rip a N64 cartridge image and put it on memory card to play on the Wii? I suppose we will just have to wait and see if this becomes a possibility. But it would be great to play the N64 games on the Wii instead of an emulator.

Rob.

it sounds plausable,althogh ninty may tweak the code slightly

,i cant imagine it would be too long b4 the wii is cracked

i dont know about actually using an n64 rom

but i think it may be possible to rip the game from a wii hd and transfer it to anothe wii

or even stick it on the net for download ;)

Its a possibility

I reckon eventually someone will be able to rip the N64 roms and enable them to be played on the Wii. Or someone will crack the DRM used on the downloads and then they'll be all over the net. I use pj64 for N64 games and hope that I'll be able to play the games on the Wii somehow.

Rob.

Well personally id just buy the games
they are only a few quid after all
and nintendo will probs offer freebies now and then to get pple into the virtual console stuff

i suppose there could be a way to do it free but after all we are not being ripped off and i personally wouldnt mind shelling out a couple of quid to relive those goldeneye days

but as with any console no doubt somones gonna have a go sooner or later

I'm sure there'll be a hack to do it soon but out of the box Nintendo lock vc games can't be transferred. The quote below from Nintendo customer service clearly indicates that the games will be locked to the console.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT STORED INFORMATION ON YOUR Wii CONSOLE:
Nintendo will make every effort to keep any saved data on your Wii console intact. However, due to the nature of the problem you are experiencing, this may not be possible. In cases where saved data cannot be restored (e.g., game save data, emails, addresses in your Address Book, etc.), your Wii Shop points and previously downloaded games will still be available to you. To gain access to your Wii Shop account once your system has been returned, you will need to enter the Wii Shop and re-download your games at no cost.

Please do not return your system to the retail store. All of your Wii Shop data, including games and points will be lost. They are non-refundable and non-transferrable. If this is not important to you, and you elect to return your product to the store, you must first follow the Delete Usage procedure described in your manual to remove any personal pictures, email addresses or other information that may be on your system.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_charts_wii.jsp

Id just buy them mate.

Think it works out at what, ?4 for an n64 game. Like someone said, nintendo may tweak the games from the off, but I know I read the other day that they will be offering updates for Virtual Console games, so for example, they make an update for F-Zero 64 so you can have a 30 player online multi games... Now that sounds good...

Cant wait for the Wii now, week on Friday...

N64 carts were rippable way back in the day. There was the Z64, zip disk version and the V64 DiskDoctor. We had both. Still got over 300 roms on cd's up in the loft. Hopefully there will be some way of uploading these as I can't wait to play multiplayer Goldeneye again!

Back