My last 16 weeks London marathon 2010 training for Heartrearch UK

Sicilian

Inactive User
Reaction score
As some of know I'm running this years Virgin London Marathon for Heartresearch UK If you'd like to sponsor me you can do so by clicking HERE or my signature below.

Now the Christmas break is over the hard last 16 weeks of training begins. Below is my training schedule that I started last week. This is just my running, in between the running day's I'll be throwing in a mixture of cross training, stair climbing and weight training. Each week I'll be posting my actual training, as it can vary due to weather. As you'll see this year I'm only running 3 times per week to hopefully avoid the injuries I sustained last year: -

PHP:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

My training last week was as per schedule, but all my running was on the treadmill due to day weather: -

Monday = Upper body weight training and 20mins cross training
Tues Speed = 8x 400m with 200m recoveries on treadmill
Wednesday = Upper body weight weight training 20mins stair climbing
Thurs Tempo = 4miles on treadmill
Friday rest
Saturday = 7miles on treadmill
Sun = Conditioning leg weight training

This weeks training has been / will be as follows: -

Monday = Upper body weight training and 20mins cross training
Tues Speed = 8x 400m with 200m recoveries on treadmill
Wednesday = Upper body weight weight training 20mins stair climbing
Thurs Tempo = 4miles on treadmill
Friday rest
Saturday = 8miles road run (weather permitting)
Sun = Conditioning leg weight training

Last edited:
u lazy bugga ya

C'MON PEEPS PLZ SPONSOR A GOOD CAUSE

:D

Time for another update.

Important thing first, fund-raising is up-to £1335.00, which I'm happy to reached so far because of the current financial climate. I always knew it would be hard to raise funds this year. So all donations are very much appreciated even if its the minimum £2.00 donation at justgiving.

Right now back to my training. :banana:

I've been managing to keep up with my running program even with this horrible cold weather we've been having. I've stopped weight training my legs to keep them fresh for my long weekend run & upper body weight's been cut down to once or twice a week. Trying to keep myself fresh for running.

So far so good, everything on track and not picked up any serious aches & pains like I had this time last year.

Please keep donations coming and thank you for all the support / donations so far.

Hi m8,
just donated £5.00.
Hope everything go's well. Not fit enuf to do a run like that but ill keep givin my blood and platlets as thats my little imput to help everyone

Ray Yule

Back