Moving Picons,EPG from the box to USB

icemen

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi Peepz

Ok, I am creating this thread a little prematurely as I have ordered a new USB stick which I should get by Monday.

Since I've had my box I've had the EPG & Picons installed on it as I got a 1TB HDD but have recently found out this will cause the drive to constantly spin whenever you change channels etc & could potentially slow down the box, basically not a good ideal.

I have ordered a Kingston 32GB (plenty of space) Micro 3.0 stick which I can just stick in the back of the box. I'm sure it is not as easy as copying the Picon file from the HDD over to the USB & deleting the file on the HDD. Also I want to move the EPG over. Do you think there is anything else I could put on the stick or is it usually just for EPG & Picons?

Can someone please help me achieve this?

Thankz
Ice

just move picon to usb image should find them fine, as for EPG what are you using if crossepg just go in to cross and change location of where epg is stored, then just scan and all will be fine.

if you post with what image you are using would make it easier to advise you

added a screen shot that's mine on pli on a solo2

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.9 KB · Views: 26
Youll need to mount you usb to media/usb

Then copy your picon folder off the hdd to media/usb so the end location is media/usb/picon.

Then change your epg to store at medi/usb

EPG is only read/wriiten at startup/shutdown. You are better off leaving the EPG on the HDD as you could have issues when plugging/unplugging the USB stick.

Thanks guys. Good idea Abu. I'll just move the picons over then. Napster sorry image I'm running is blackhole 0.1.

Ok got usb stick. Do i just put it into the box or do i have create folder in first. Do i just do via vu control ftp go into media/hdd copy picons folder and move it to media/usb and then delete picons folder from media/hdd?

Put the USB stick in your PC.
Transfer the picon folder to it.
Connect the USB stick to receiver.
Using VuCC, delete the picon folder on the HDD
Restart receiver

Ok Guys, I didn't know how to copy from vu control HDD file so I downloaded the picon again & added to USB. Mounted the usb on the box looks like this media/KINSTON ( actually recognises the usb name) then deleted the picon on media/hdd, rebooted the box & all the picon are showing next the channels as normal. So I take it has worked ;-) Thanks for all the help & advise couldn't have done it without you

Back