Motorized dish + old box + new box

pescador

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks!

First of all here is my system at the mo..
1.2m motorized nokia dish
Echostar AD 2000 IP receiver

For a while now i've been thinking of getting a new digital box and have it plugged in the loop through thingy of my old box. Since it has a positioner it wouldn't be a total waste. I have my doubts, but I think that the old box should able to receive the diseq command from the new box to make the dish rotate.
Am I correct?
Would I need to get a little diseq box?
Would I need the 22KHz tone burst? (to be able to use this I have to change the lnb frequency low/high setting)

I went through the menus and on the LNB Settings (analogue, cause in digital I don't have this menu) and this is what it shows:

Satellite: Hispasat
Antenna Input: A /B
LNB Freq. Low: Universal + some odd settings for analog reception
LNB Freq. High: Universal + some odd settings for analog reception
DiSEqC: Disable /Mini A /Mini B DiSEqC 1 through 4
Polarity Control:13 /18v
LNB Freq. Band: 0 /22KHz
22KHz Tone: On /Off
12v: On /Off
LNB Power: On /Off
Loop Through:A /B

*In green what is on right now
**In brown stuff not activated (greyd out)

So having said all this and getting most people confused,myself included. The signal to move the dish would come from the new box (by diseq command) acting as "master" and the old one, working in analog mode, acting as just a positioner. Somewhere in the middle of all this, something must be right. :)

Can anyone help me out?
Thanks. :flock:

NO
Your old box uses a 36volt motor and the diseq works using the votage going to your LNB only way you can use diseq to work 36 volt is get a an other box to convert diseq to 36 volt
Hope this helps m8

or continue to use the old box as the positioner and switch off the motor in the digi box

Back