Knights of the friggin road.... or twats!

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Lanes merging into one in about 800M and Mr Lorry driver decides it's his duty to straddle both lanes to force people to merge early. Watched another one doing it last night, I was in no hurry so was happy to sit and watch him pull out quite aggressively if a cars came down the lane which was a long way of from filtering.

IMHO... They're are righteous, small dicked twats!

if he gets caught by police he gets a ban for due care and attention.we not all the same i drive a tanker and try not to get in anyones way.

We are supposed to use both lanes right up until the merge but it seems to be common practice to 'road rage' at people who choose the outisde lane when everyone else sits quietly in the left! Something has been mis-interpreted over the years! Use both lanes guys! It keeps the traffic flowing and will result if less tail backs! As long as we keep it 'one from the left lane, on from the right' (chances each) everyone will get on swimmingly!

Wow - where did that some from! ;)

devilfish said:
We are supposed to use both lanes right up until the merge but it seems to be common practice to 'road rage' at people who choose the outisde lane when everyone else sits quietly in the left! Something has been mis-interpreted over the years! Use both lanes guys! It keeps the traffic flowing and will result if less tail backs! As long as we keep it 'one from the left lane, on from the right' (chances each) everyone will get on swimmingly!

Quite right Devilfish. The "merge in turn" system is quite recent in the grand scheme of things however (stolen from our American friends) so lot's of folks drive the way they were taught years ago, that is get in the correct lane when you see the first sign.

Last edited:
strange isnt it why people do that, it doesnt make it quicker.
about 2 weeks ago i was near the cones in the outside lane of A46 and was indicating to merge after the lorry that was on the inside but grandad on the inside was so sure i wasnt going to get in before him that he was keeping 2" away from the lorry, i realised this and thought well im not in that much of a hurry ill merge after the old codger when the lorry breaked and he didnt ooppps he was only doing 10mph but the was a crumpled bonet and a bit of glass. i just kept going passed lorry. Morall is it is quicker in the outside lane .

we have been to jersy a few times on holiday, i know its only a small place but they use merge in turn at roundabouts and anywhere the road narrows. the bit at roundabouts i thought at first this is strange but u soon get used to it and the traffic seemed to flow well and no road rage.

devilfish said:

I agree entirely. I do try to merge in when the signs tell me to but you do get some miserable bas*%$ds who refuse to let you in even then! Some people do take the piss tho so I can see why some folks get all het up about it!
IMO there is no point getting stressed as the person who has caused it ain't bothered so you only end up geeting stressed yourself!

it dose get anoying i must admit l loose the rag from time to time i dont know why cos am usualy a calm person who gets on with life in a relaxed way but when you have been driving for a few hours then u get some arshole driving side by side not letting you in then thats just plain ignorant and no offence to woman here but a think they are the worst offenders

There used to be a bus lane where I work...all the signs have been removed and the road markings have been burnt off.

There are now signs telling people to use both lanes, but they are too stupid to read them.

I can now coast up the outside lane at my leisure...much to the dismay of those finger wagging imbeciles in the inside lane.

"Nurse...it's time to up the med's"

how can u drive down the middle or the outside lane??
they r only for overtaking
the inside lane is the only driving lane
ppl still think the 3 lanes r inside = slow lane
outside = the fast lane
so does thet leave the moiddle lane for middle speed ???
no middle and outside for overtaking only :)

the first rule of the road??

keep left

Back