iXtreme LT+ v3.0 On The Way — AP2.5 Defeated

marra

Inactive User
Reaction score
iXtreme LT+ v3.0 is on the way! Yesterday, having revealed to the team yesterday an idea for countering the recent dae.bin/AP2.5 update, c4eva has today confirmed that he has in fact completely done away with the need for dae.bin/AP2.5 data. Although it’s early stages, c4eva has successfully completed several tests which validate this new method and classified his solution as the “silver bullet” for AP2.5. Rather than using captured challenge results each time the dae.bin changes, the new method builds a complete set of profile data for each disc and works for all AP2.5 challenges, regardless of how the dae.bin is changed. As a result, the format of backup ISOs will be changing as the AP25 replay sector will no longer be included and the profile data will instead take its place. Though c4eva noted that it will take some development time as it’s not a quick fix, both he and the team will now be putting their full efforts behind bringing this solution to life in the form of new versions of iXtreme LT+, Xbox Backup Creator, and abgx360.

Source - c4evaspeaks.com

*UPDATE* [2011-11-20 04:10AM UTC]
To answer the deluge of questions we received immediately after the initial post — Hitachi LT+ v2.0 is still on schedule for release. Testing is being completed and an annoucement of when to expect the release will come shortly thereafter.

Great news then! glad i hadn't done loads of consoles - we just have to wait now then......tik....tok......tik.....tok

glad the only xdg3 I have actually used was GOW3, which was weeks ago now, I'm quite happy playing my originals of Forza 4 & BF3 until this is ready :)

That's exactly what's happend to me mate, Only thing i used was GOW3 (apart from a few offline machines that had a backup up of Fifa 12) etc. so happy days (for me at the minute, touch wood) did you have a look at the "xval" post mate?

That's exactly what's happend to me mate, Only thing i used was GOW3 (apart from a few offline machines that had a backup up of Fifa 12) etc. so happy days (for me at the minute, touch wood) did you have a look at the "xval" post mate?

from reading posts over on TX, XVAL is no longer a viable check, but not really that bothered if flagged since still got a brand spanking new arcade that is boxed up just in case, was going to jtag it, but might wait until banning season is over, plus my soldering skills are less than to be desired :)

The only problem I have had is trying to play Halo CEA edition online on my liteon falcon apart from that no probs at all with any backups.
I have to say though that C4e is a fcuking genius

ah so we can't take any notice of the "xval" ? shame i just made a "vote" question on it last night, any reason you say this matey?

ah so we can't take any notice of the "xval" ? shame i just made a "vote" question on it last night, any reason you say this matey?

Personally I don't know if it works or not, I was just going off some of the replies when it was mentioned in the last system update.

Thanks mate, guess there's going to be "proof in the pudding" when and if the hammer lands, then the people who failed etc. i personally according to it have passed so it'll be interesting to see.....Thanks Dave mate.

Thanks mate, guess there's going to be "proof in the pudding" when and if the hammer lands, then the people who failed etc. i personally according to it have passed so it'll be interesting to see.....Thanks Dave mate.

Just run it myself ans secdata is clean :)

Have voted on other post.

i should have maybe made that poll 8 options

BenQ - Failed
Liteon - Failed
Hitachi - Failed
Samsung - Failed

Ben-Q - Passed
Liteon - Passed
Hitachi - Passed
Samsung - Passed

they'll start calling it YANLT ;) offline is the way i think . Far too much hassle playing b'ups online nowadays. Obviously i'm grateful for the work c4eva does, the man's a one off.

To think that c4eva is a normal guy with a day time job, yet he manages to work out all this hacking stuff in his spare time is amazing.

What is amazing is, he actually codes this shit in a day or 3.

Half the wait for fw's is because c4 isn't online, then he tells the team a fw is being written, next day, youre testing it.

Genius

What is amazing is, he actually codes this shit in a day or 3.

have to say, his turn around time puts any other programmer to shame.

and he's not a c0ck like Math on the PS3 scene!

*UPDATE* [2011-11-23 11:37AM UTC]

As an added note in response to questions we’ve received, the usage of TitleUpdates in (de)activating AP2.5 in no way affects c4eva’s “silver bullet” solution being implemented in iXtreme LT+ v3.0.

C4eva noted in private earlier that with his solution, all current and future effort put into AP2.5 by MS is all for nothing.

C4eva shared with us in private today some further details about the upcoming iXtreme LT+ v3.0, which is now targetted for release sometime after December 6, 2011. Earlier this week, Microsoft’s Major Nelson announced December 6 as the official release date for the final version of its Fall 2011 Dashboard Update. Scheduling LT+ v3.0 for release after this date will allow c4eva and the team a chance to analyze the final update so as to ensure no additional changes to v3.0 are necessary.

With the new iXtreme LT+ v3.0, original game discs will need to be analyzed by Xbox Backup Creator in order to gain disc topology data. This data replaces the need for AP2.5/dae.bin data and enables any AP2.5 challenge to be answered correctly. C4eva noted that the topology data method is very efficient — using only 24kB of space — and extremely accurate. Due to differences between them, each game will require its own individual set of topology data. A risk of backups being detected poses itself if the same topology data is used between two different titles. This risk is mitigated by using abgx360 to make certain that the backup contains the appropriate topology data.

Backups will remain the same layout, but will either need to have the topology data inserted by the new abgx360, or be re-dumped with the new Xbox Backup Creator. C4eva reconfirmed that all current AP2.5-active XGD2 and XGD3 backups with old AP25 replay data are not backward-compatible with iXtreme LT+ v3.0 and will indeed need to be patched or re-dumped and re-burned. Non-AP2.5 titles, however, will remain unchanged and do not require re-burning.

source

some good news, but bit of a bummer wasted several verbs, but at least I have not got round to actually playing them yet, just been sticking to my original BF3 and Forza4

Back