IFA Log. Help Please!

Dazza

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've finally got around to trying to sort out my Sagem, after buying the USB to Null Modem cable adapter...

Trouble is, it still won't work. (The adapter is fine, being recognised and is config'd properly.)

This is the IFA log...

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I've tried with three different images, and I get the same error each time. Bad CRC.

Help, please!

I should add, I've re-downloaded new images, in case mine were corrupt, and it's still the same, I've also tried a the RC3 of IFA, as well as version v1.56, and v2.2. No joy either.

Win XP Pro. (sp2)

Please, help!

Rename the image to mtd3.img
Set your network card to 10baseT_halfduplex and give it a static ip of
192.168.1.201 subnet 255.255.255.0
disable any other network cards and all firewalls,antivirus,etc

Rename the image to mtd3.img
Set your network card to 10baseT_halfduplex and give it a static ip of
192.168.1.201 subnet 255.255.255.0
disable any other network cards and all firewalls,antivirus,etc

Thanks, but I've done all that. (I've followed RodBoys posts re IFA flashing)

Anything else?

boot net failed

The request of the box didn't reach IFA. Something is blocking the network.

boot net failed

The request of the box didn't reach IFA. Something is blocking the network.

Hmm, ok, so the CRC thing is a Red Herring?

I thought I'd double checked the Firewall, but I'll check again...

There's no Router involved.

Thanks.

Ok, this has just taken a serious turn for the worse... I guess I may be better off starting a new thread, (Mods?) but here goes anyway...

I just hooked up the Laptop again, switched off the AV, Anti-Spywares, Firewall, and made sure the Windows FW was still disabled.

IFA still failed, with the same error.

So I tried again, this time when I turned the power back on to the DBox it made a wierd crackling sound for a split second, and now no power to the box. I've checked the fuse, and its still the same...

Is the box likely to be dead? (Were these problems a likely symptom of its impending failiure?)

How can I test the box now, to see if I can recover it, or if its a scrapper...?

P***ed right off!

I appreciate, what with all the shenanigans over the last few days that things went rather mad on here, with everybody screaming for Keys and Fixes etc...

But now things have (hopefully) settled down a bit, any chance I could get some advice please, re my previous post....? ^^^

If you get no reaction from the box and not even a green light at the display it looks like the internal fuse is gone.

with a cracling noise like that im willing to put money on a blown component, probably on the 240V side of the transformer, BTW which ever component it is, it is probably visibly damaged which would make it easy to identify and replace, this may or may not solve your problem depending on wether or not the component just blew or wether another component on it's way out caused it to blow !

I've not opened it up yet, but if it's the fuse, how easy is this to replace? (Are we talking similar to a fuse in a plug...? I appreciate perhaps I should've just cracked the case open first, but would appreciate as much advice as possible.)

I'll look for any obviously damaged componants.

Ta guys.

I've not opened it up yet, but if it's the fuse, how easy is this to replace? (Are we talking similar to a fuse in a plug...? I appreciate perhaps I should've just cracked the case open first, but would appreciate as much advice as possible.)

I'll look for any obviously damaged componants.

Ta guys.

I had problems using IFA on my laptop.using XP. Laptop froze when I switched the power on the box. (This only happened with Sagems, Nokias flashed without a hitch)

Dowloaded media sensing patch and the Sagem flashed first time without any problems.

Today I tried to update a Eurovox but couldn't get it to connect through the com port. Dont know if this is something to do with the patch but will find out later today when I flash a Kryptview.

I had problems using IFA on my laptop.using XP. Laptop froze when I switched the power on the box. (This only happened with Sagems, Nokias flashed without a hitch)

Dowloaded media sensing patch and the Sagem flashed first time without any problems.

Today I tried to update a Eurovox but couldn't get it to connect through the com port. Dont know if this is something to do with the patch but will find out later today when I flash a Kryptview.

I had the same problem using my laptop and IFA . Crashing when i booted the dbox up . I fixed it by turning off one of my cpu's ,turns out IFA doesn't like duel core cpu's. i have to do it every time i start ifa (ctlr alt del )Look for dbox2 flashing assistant in processes , Right click set affinity and untick cpu 1 .
. As for flashing the Eurovox .You need to change the com port In Control panel/system/hardware/device manager. Change usb to serial bridge to the com port u want and it should work.

Have a look at www.hallenberg.com

Check under Freie Downloads and Donwload IFA 3.1.1

Runs under Vista
Runs with Multiple CPU's and Hyperthreading
As far as I am aware no Media Sensing Patch needed anymore

dbox_ifa.jpg

PS: You can always donate Money to Hallenberg via Paypal to show that you are gratefull for getting your Box back ...

Hey PT...any chance of your helpfile appearing in Mac format for us Apple freaks!!

Back