help with rooting htc desire

nok1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi
i`m a newb at this so need a few pointers. looked around but just keep getting more confused.
the wife`s just got a new phone so i thought i`d have a go at rooting her htc desire.
some questions though,
1st what exactly does it do ? she was always saying the phone said insufficient storage. will this stop that from happening?
2nd what do i need ?
and 3rd will it completey wipe the phone of all the orange stuff thats on it ?
thanks

i rooted one not so long ago with a custom rom it runs really smooth and fast
i cant help you at the moment as im away from pc but in 3 days i can.
to save storage you can use apps2sd plus the rom i used was light also
yes you will not see any orange stuff on it no more ;)

ps ive just found what i used and where from.
all info is here
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
i`ll have a good read through. but it gets a bit confusing tbh lol

cheers mate, i`ll have a look when i get a min

As I like the sense interface I am using Runny ROM myself. Its based on android 2.3.7 and HTC sense 3.5

Includes an advanced version of app redirector which means even after I have loaded a bunch of applications I have 100mb+ memory free. Read through the follow thread at least once then read it again. It should not take more then 30 minutes to actually implement.

[ROM][11/05/2012]Runny ROM v6.1.1[FAST|STABLE][STOCK|CM7r2] - xda-developers

right all sorted now but trying to find a rom i like. i do like the original one but without all the orange crap lol.
i also like the look of the runny rom, but every time i download it , it won`t load saying something like bad download or whatever or it loads , i leave booting but it just hangs and sfter 10 mins or so i have to pull the battery. any hints on this ?

right all sorted now but trying to find a rom i like. i do like the original one but without all the orange crap lol.
i also like the look of the runny rom, but every time i download it , it won`t load saying something like bad download or whatever or it loads , i leave booting but it just hangs and sfter 10 mins or so i have to pull the battery. any hints on this ?

if you post on the runny ROM thread that i linked to they should be able to sort you out. Personally I read through the tutorial and it worked first time for me.

Are you using the option to pre-create a SD card with a EXT partition ?

if you get Titanium backup from the links on here the pro version you can remove all the orange crap and have a perfectly functioning rom

edogg

this rom is the dogs bollocks m8 ;)
MildWild V-4.2 Based on Oxygen 2.3.2 & roalex Update for HTC Desire
Code:

this rom is the dogs bollocks m8 ;)
MildWild V-4.2 Based on Oxygen 2.3.2 & roalex Update for HTC Desire
Code:
cheers

i1ve decided on this one for now lol just a couple of questions though
1. if i install a new rom will this delete all the apps i`ve put on
2. my biggest bug bear, the keyboard for messages etc i have always used the telephone looking one with 3 letters per number. and its not there. can you download it from somewhere ? i can`t use swype or a qwerty one

cheers

i1ve decided on this one for now lol just a couple of questions though
1. if i install a new rom will this delete all the apps i`ve put on
2. my biggest bug bear, the keyboard for messages etc i have always used the telephone looking one with 3 letters per number. and its not there. can you download it from somewhere ? i can`t use swype or a qwerty one

1-yes it will delete your apps so save the APK file`s onto your sd card then install after

2- there is plenty of keyboards out there for you to choose from so i say yes

3- install blackmart for free paid apps ;)

also install Go Launcher as its the best laucher out there i reckon.

if you cant save your apps dont worry you can always find them again to install
then when ya install new rom on, install App 2 SD pro and that will save and move your apps to the sd card for next time.

Last edited:
Here are some file`s for you in case you need them ok ;)

blackmart.apk
App 2 SD Pro 2.00.apk
GO Launcher EX 3.05.apk
ASTRO 2.5.2.apk
Wallpaper Wizardrii™

update them if needed but Dont update App 2 SD Pro 2.00.apk as i find this is the best one and still works fine for me :)

Code:

cheers, trying to find the phone pad keyboard with no luck at all.
just used the blackmart to get app2sd pro lol. cheers.
so if i put my apps on to my sd card they won`t get wiped ? or do i need to take the card out if re doing a rom ?
the other thing is i can`t seem to get any widgets to work ? like the wether 1 i downloaded

cheers, trying to find the phone pad keyboard with no luck at all.
just used the blackmart to get app2sd pro lol. cheers.
so if i put my apps on to my sd card they won`t get wiped ? or do i need to take the card out if re doing a rom ?
the other thing is i can`t seem to get any widgets to work ? like the wether 1 i downloaded

app2sd will move moveable apps from your phone memory to the sd card memory which saves you memory on the phone. they wont get wiped, you can see you sd card files via astro player.

no need to take out the sd card when puttin on a new rom it will not delete anything on your sd card only on the phone.

the weather widget should work but you need data/internet on so it updates itself.

what was the phone pad keyboard called?

PS im sending ya a link in a private message ok ;)

thanks for the link mate. the keypad is just the standard one that was on the original rom, but for some some reason there isn`t an option in the keyboard list .

all sorted now, thanks for all the pointers

Back