iPod Help: Want to jailbreak ipod touch 8Gb MC model

Barking

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
Hoping someone can help. I want to jailbreak my 12 year old sons ipod touch for him. My problem is however its an 8Gb MC model currently with 4.1 firmware installed. My understanding is that this is basically a 2nd generation model mascarading as a 3rd generation. Please correct if I'm wrong.
After spending all day researching I'm still at a loss. I'm not clear which generation I should be treating it as when jailbreaking or even which software or version to use.

I'm terrified he ends up with a doorstop and I'm to blame.
Can someone please clear this fog from my eyes. Not a leecher, eager to learn.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the quick response Carlos,

Glad that thread worked for you!
My ipod touch 8 gb firmware 4.1 model mc086bt is the same as member Kryton in that thread and he was unsuccessful. If I give that method a try will it delete apps, music off the ipod or not?

Cheers again!

Thanks for the quick response Carlos,

Glad that thread worked for you!
My ipod touch 8 gb firmware 4.1 model mc086bt is the same as member Kryton in that thread and he was unsuccessful. If I give that method a try will it delete apps, music off the ipod or not?

Cheers again!

im sure if anyone can sort you out m8
it would be biffo1
stick a post in for his attention or pm him.

Cheers JTH,

Lets hope its a good game tomorrow with no controversy!

Barking

looking around m8 looks like your out of luck with that model, seems it cant be put into DFU Mode.

Hi mate just seen your post , and have done some looking around , it looks like Greenpois0n will jailbreak your ipod touch 3g on 4.1 have a look Here for the video tut on how to do it , if you get stuck just pm me and ill gladly help.

Success:banana::banana:
Used the tutorial guide that Biffo1 steered me to, but with the latest version (greenpois0n 1.0 RC6.1) which actually required me to update ipod OS to version 4.2.1 as stated greenpois0n's Readme file.
Had trouble with the loader being unable to install Cydia but this was due to my wireless internet access not set up and working properly.
So if anyone has a ipod touch 8 gb model mc086bt and wants to jailbreak it, dont despair.

Once again, thanks very much to you guys above. I was at a loss before you stepped in and helped!:Clap::Clap:

Please don't be shy about PMing me if anyone thinks I may be able to assist.

Last edited:
Back