Routers Help accessing wireless router

lagigolo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a normal router which i have connected to it an older wireless router.

I remember this was quite hectic when setting it up.

I have the passwords for both routers, but i can't seem to find how to access the wireless routers ipaddress?

I have tried plugging direct into the wireless one but i am not picking up an ipaddress.
I have tried scanning the ipaddress range of the first router but i am not finding anything.

When on wireless it gives me the ipaddress of the first router!!!

(Obviously don't want to reset it all, just need to know how to get the router login page on my browser so i can log in)

The wireless router is setup so the connection from the first router goes into one of the out ports.

I have similar CRAFT moments when I can't remember the IP addresses I assigned to the various pieces of kit between 'me' & the WWW.
If you open Windows' Command prompt and type in " tracert any website " (without the quotes!), you will see a list of every IP address between you & that website's server- including both your routers.

Just tried this and am getting request timed out from all websites i have tried. Anything i need to do to get this to trace?

I access mine with 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.100.1

Thought it was some sort of standard.

The '192.168' part is fairly standard within 'private' networks or LAN's, the next bit varies between makers.

I take it @lagigolo can't access the net?

If you haven't changed the router's IP address manually, then you will be able to find its default address on portforward.com. They have a database with pretty much every router's default IP.

Last edited by a moderator:
The '192.168' part is fairly standard within 'private' networks or LAN's, the next bit varies between makers.

I take it @lagigolo can't access the net?

If you haven't changed the router's IP address manually, then you will be able to find its default address on portforward.com. They have a database with pretty much every router's default IP.

The way I read the OP he's just trying to access the router firmware (menu) from his browser. He should be able to do that even without the net connected. I assume he has a reason for wanting access, but doesn't say why.

I've reached the limit of my knowledge (as you probably gathered).:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can access the internet fine on both wireless and wired.

I have 192.168.100.1 which is cable modem/hub, this goes to my own router which is 192.168.1.1 which feeds my wireless router. I have looked at the default ipaddress on the wireless router which says 192.168.0.1 (which it isn't that.)

I am trying to access it on a wired pc, would that make a difference? Would i only be able to access it wirelessly?

Back