hdmi cable

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i wasnt sure where to post this so because its a hdmi cable for my htcp xtreamer ultra i thought id post it here, im wondering if the speed of a hdmi cable makes a difference, like when you look on the box of some for example it will say 10.2 gigabit while others say 17.8 gigabit, so really the 17.8gigabit hdmi lead should be better and give a better picture, is this correct or is it a load of crap ? thanks

i wasnt sure where to post this so because its a hdmi cable for my htcp xtreamer ultra i thought id post it here, im wondering if the speed of a hdmi cable makes a difference, like when you look on the box of some for example it will say 10.2 gigabit while others say 17.8 gigabit, so really the 17.8gigabit hdmi lead should be better and give a better picture, is this correct or is it a load of crap ? thanks

its the version that your player supports thats important.which i think the speeds are trying to refer to. look here and ceck what version your xtreamer supports.

it says that the htcp xtreamer ultra supports hdmi 1.4 on their website. but your tv amp would need to support that aswell to get the best out of it. im not sure if it would cause problems with a miss match ? i havent heard of any issues but i havent really checked either.

Last edited:
It wont cause any issues if you use a 1.3 cable, the only real difference between 1.3 and 1.4 is the ethernet channel and the ultra high def capability, there isnt any electronics available that support either of those features yet

hi, so it doesnt really matter what hdmi cable i use then ? i got a 1.4 hdmi cable with the xtreamer ultra which works, 3d seems to be working aswell which i should of really mentioned, to be honest i think the picture is great but i got thinking when the pc world guy was trying to sell me a 100 quid hdmi cable which is far too much in my opinion but he was explainign about the gigabit transfer speed so thought id look into it, but you have answered my question really theres no point getting another cable if im not going to gain anything, thanks alot guys,

hi, so it doesnt really matter what hdmi cable i use then ? i got a 1.4 hdmi cable with the xtreamer ultra which works, 3d seems to be working aswell which i should of really mentioned, to be honest i think the picture is great but i got thinking when the pc world guy was trying to sell me a 100 quid hdmi cable which is far too much in my opinion but he was explainign about the gigabit transfer speed so thought id look into it, but you have answered my question really theres no point getting another cable if im not going to gain anything, thanks alot guys,

appart from the revision of the cable there is no point getting one of these expensive cables as you have figured out. they are a right con and some of the expensive ixos leads i have seen are actually of poor quality when opened.

The signal is digital so it either works or it doesnt, a £5 cable, if it works, will sound exactly the same as a £50 one of the same speed

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Back