Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HD 9000 Client Disconnecting?

Ray(str)

Inactive User
Hi All,
Has Anybody managed to get this reciever working on CS? I have tried everything but without successs.

I have read on the forums that the Spider only works on the Newcamd cams and that the CCcam is very tempremental!

Can anyone throw any light on this please just in case I am doing something wrong.

This is what I did:
1. copied the C: lines to my .cfg file (without the C:) then uploaded via usb stick.

They appear ok in the "Client Setup Screen" but connect & disconnect continuously.

Any Help Would Be Really Useful Guys! as this is driving me mad.

By the way the lines are correct, as I am using then in a Dreambox, without a problem.

Regards,
Ray(str):grayno:

spiderbox is known to have issues with certain versions of c**am but the guys behind it will blame everything but the box... eg. its your router/line/lan cable/software/your stupid ect although alot of people are happy as theirs seem to work fine. i got rid of mine due to same issues although check another box first and ping your gift provider and run ping test to rule out the bb/line provider, regards mdt

Agree with the comments above.
Fortunately I'm one of the 'happy' ones and have a glitch free connection, but the secret seems to be finding a good/helpful provider and I tried dozens.

What version of ccCam is you provider using? Press info twice and it will be listed as 'Source (2.2.1)' or whatever version is being used

Sorry to go against the above but I've never had a problem with CCcam on my 9000 combo.
I really dont think I'm lucky but maybe I am as I dont use oversubscribed pay servers which I know for a fact DO cause drop out and intermittent connection problems.
I have read many comments blaming the Spiderbox (one member elsewhere had not even connected it to a router and still complained) and I have used it with various versions of CCcam over the last 18 months without problems.
Note anyone offering "free lines" should be avoided like the plague unless it's a trusted friend, just think what do they gain by giving lines away for free?

Following the correct update process helps a lot in removing potential problems so I will list it again :

Back up your channels list.
Set Network and UCAS to OFF.
Factory reset.
Flash latest patch.
Factory reset.
Install your channels list.
Set Network and UCAS to ON.
Flash latest softcam (if needed).
Set Ethernet to ON (may already be set to ON).
Enter your USALS coordinates if needed.
Job done correctly enjoy your Spiderbox.

One other thing the ventilation slots in the casing of any satellite receiver are there for a reason DONT block them by putting things on top of a receiver and ensure adequate air flow around the receiver (no closed cabinets etc) also NEVER stack items one on top of another as the already heated air from the lower item will have to flow through the upper item further increasing the temperature and possibly reducing the working life of both items.

One last thing all my equipment is switched off when not in use, I dont like standby unless it's for a short period, I've seen a lot of posts stating that this causes cracks in the integrated circuits and this is total b*****ks as all chips are rated to a working temperature of at least 70C and some to 150C our 10~30C operating range is nowhere near their operating range.

Back