Grave Fears For Shuttle

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Grave Fears For Shuttle
The space shuttle Columbia, has broken up on re-entry to the Earth's atmosphere. A Nasa spokesman said: "Today a lot of astronauts died." The Columbia had a crew of seven.There has been no official confirmation of the disaster. Nasa lost touch with the shuttle above Texas.

A Nasa spokesman said: "It appears there has been a catastrophic technical failure." It was the 113th shuttle mission.

The spacecraft was due for a scheduled landing at 14:16 GMT at the Kennedy Space Centre, Florida. Multiple tails or vapour trails were seen coming from the craft as it broke up over the US.

It is feared that the shuttle broke up on entry to the Earth's atmosphere when it would be travelling at 12,500mph.

Reports are coming in about debris including some found on Interstate 45 between Dallas and Houston.

The shuttle had its first Israeli pilot on this mission, Ilan Ramon, 48. There is no indication that terrorism was involved in this tragedy.

There were two female and five male astronauts on board. The Columbia was the oldest of the shuttle fleet, built in 1979.

This is the most serious incident involving a shuttle since the 1986 crash of the space shuttle Challenger, which carried seven astronauts.

:(

terrible news m8,

I watched the one that was launched years ago which exploded,

A thought for the familys of all those killed,

Scoot:(

well well well lol

i wonder where your news had gone to m8 .... can you not post in the main site news section still ???

i have sorted it i am sure

i really appreciate the time you spend adding news but it wont get seen in here m8y :(

yes it is very sad :(

they have not yet found out the reason ???

but they do not think terrorist's.

familys must be devistated :(

Back