GB News to start broadcasting

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
GB News will begin its challenge to the BBC from the end of this month when the news network launches its TV channel. TV platforms are gearing up for the 24-hour news channel to go live on May 31st
BBC rival GB News to start broadcasting 'within weeks'
GB News will air on Freeview channel 236 and will be broadcast across Sky, Virgin Media, YouView and Freesat, alongside a dedicated on-demand streaming service

Last edited:
Neil is taking a 'few' weeks off - seems a bit weird given the station has only been running for two weeks
Andrew Neil announces break from GB News weeks after launch

I'm not sure it's doing as well as he claims.

From yesterday's "Express" online:

The latest figures will seem sobering for some of GB News' viewers and backers.

Some have started questioning whether the channel can survive.

Daily Telegraph contributor Stephen Armstrong said the channel is "in danger", stating the "declaration of war on woke" has led to more people "mocking than watching".

Speaking to Politics Home, one ex-Number 10 adviser rooting for the channel's success seemed to have lost his early optimism.

The advisor said: “I really thought it would be a success and show up all the naysayers."

He added: "I’m not sure I have been right.

“I sort of thought, there’s definitely a gap here to do a more independent, quite bold news.

"Also I really thought with the talent they got they would be onto something.”

( Sorry @HibbyDave. I'll consider my botty smacked, but you started it).

I merely stated that to deny cancel culture exists is simply not true, I wasn't calling anyone out on it, just stating
my tuppence worth. :)

Lol, I was referring to the "Express" Dave. I know sweet fa about cancel culture... and care less. :)

Back