freeBOOT v0.03

calisto

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ikari released a new version of freeBOOT that will now work as a single-flash solution and can reboot a JTAG-exploitable Xbox360 into a patched 9199 (the latest) kernel. And there's more:
freeBOOT is a rebooter for the Microsoft Xbox 360. This version of freeBOOT allows you to reboot into kernel 2.0.9199 on all Xenon, Zephyr, Falcon, and Jasper consoles, which are vulnerable to the JTAG hack.
This version of freeBOOT no longer requires a second flash memory and will thus work with all currently existing solutions.

New Features
- updated to kernel 2.0.9199
- now supports all consoles and flashing solutions (ikari)
- removed memory protections (cOz)
Code can be executed and modified anywhere in the range from 0x80000000 to 0x9FFFFFFF. This can be used to create game trainers and will allow for porting of emulators, which rely on dynamic compilation.
- encrypted DevKit XEXes are now working (cOz)
- includes dash launch patch (cOz)
[- keyvault and console signature checks have been disabled (Bliep4Ever)]
- LIVE/PIRS/GOD content fully working (cOz)
- internal security breach reports deactivated (Redline99)
- easier image generation process (ikari)
- ibuild can now also generate single flash XeLL and original images (ikari)

!Update! v0.031 has been released. There's no details about what's changed or so, but I noticed the patch-files have been modified and the "keyvault and console signature checks have been disabled" feature has been removed from the readme.

HI

Can anyone help please i have downloaded the new freeboot but ever time i try running ibuild i get application failed 0xc0150002 error please close..

Iam running window xp2...

Thanks

So coudl you do this on a Xbox that took the apparent Jtag Killer or not?

Not really into the JTAG scene but interested in getting 1
Not quite sure what you mean.

But you still need a console with a dash that is exploitable, 7371 or lower.
Or if you have xbr3 (custom 8995) you can install this after compiling your own image.

At se7ins they have said to hold on doing this for a moment as there are too many bugs.

When sorted though this will allow jtags back onto live.

Jama

Is there an idiots guide anywhere to all this? I am resided to the fact I lack the skills to Jtag it in the first place but once it is done, is it a simple case of reflashing the nand via the lpt cable when you get an update like this?

I would also like to have a little read around getting standard USB HDD to work, FTPing, dumping games on there, running freestyle dash, DLC and XBL content etc a sort of how to guide?

Had a little google, lots of poeple posting lost of things but can't really find a definitive answer.

I've done several flashes on hitachi and samsung drives before if it gives an indication of competency levels, if somebody could give an idea of how tricky this all is.

Last edited:
Freeboot is a lot harder to set up, you have to create your own image from; a 7371 image, a 9119 image and your cpu key and kv.

It is not just a case of flash it after injecting kv like with xbr

Freeboot is a lot harder to set up, you have to create your own image from; a 7371 image, a 9119 image and your cpu key and kv.

It is not just a case of flash it after injecting kv like with xbr

hmm cheers, well XBR seems a whole lot easier to get going from what I have read.

Will keeping looking around.

I updates my Zephyr to this Freeboot yesterday, built the image with ibuild and wrote it to the nand woth flash360 in xexmenu.

All good but my zephyr still suffers from the random E79 that all zephyr seem to do.

Theresa new Gui app for creating the image, you can find it on the main page of xbox-scene.

E79 you need you smc-dec file m8 that should sort that out...

you can get it by using 360 flash tool then load xbr and extract smc to your desktop.

the trouble i get with freeboot is my profiles keeps going corrupt when i use my harddrive on my normal xbox360 never happen with xbr so have to keep downloading it bit of a pain is there a fix for this anyone..

thanks

Nah mate its an issue with the Zephyrs, havnt seen anyone with a zephyr get constant good boot.
Extracted my old smc, used a pre patched zephyr smc posted by the feeboot team, same old random E79`s.

Still usable just a bit annoying, have to go tru initial setup eveytime it E79`s.

the trouble i get with freeboot is my profiles keeps going corrupt when i use my harddrive on my normal xbox360 never happen with xbr so have to keep downloading it bit of a pain is there a fix for this anyone..

thanks

I got the same issue, I made a post in a different freeboot thread but just seen this.

I'm on the latest 9199 (via freeboot) which I thought uncorrupted the HDDS.

Did you find a solution???

I uncirrupted my GT with the various guides but dont fancy doing every game save as well.

I got the same issue, I made a post in a different freeboot thread but just seen this.

I'm on the latest 9199 (via freeboot) which I thought uncorrupted the HDDS.

Did you find a solution???

I uncirrupted my GT with the various guides but dont fancy doing every game save as well.

Hi

No m8 i did not find a solution i just flashed back too xbr3...

Thanks

Back