ext sata hard drive usb case for use with vuduo/solo

goldeneagle1

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyone recomend a powered usb sata hard drive enclosure for use as a usb ext hard drive with the vu solo/duo. i have a few unused 3.5" hard drives but was unsure how fussy the vu would be with ext usb enclosures(obviously needs to be powered).

The Duo will take a 3.5 inch drive internally it has a internal cradle for 3.5 inch drives and internal SATA connector. Any powered external case should be fine IcyBox etc.

anyone recomend a powered usb sata hard drive enclosure for use as a usb ext hard drive with the vu solo/duo. i have a few unused 3.5" hard drives but was unsure how fussy the vu would be with ext usb enclosures(obviously needs to be powered).

internal 3.5 drives are not recommended as overheating may occur, as for externally in an enclosure not a problem ive a solo and duo both external 3.5 and both running smooth (one is a caddy i bought of fleabay for about a tenner)

Bit of a design fail then hey...manufacturer provided a bracket for 3.5 inch drives internally with connectors..Then advises internal 3.5 inch drives are not recommended as the reciever may overheat. The fan in the DUO is pretty small and crap to be honest. I use a 2.5 inch laptop drive internally in my DUO no heat or noise problems so far. It's too ugly having a powered external 3.5 inch drive not to mention you have to waste a plug socket.

Yeah its ugly & takes up a plug socket but if i can find a decent looking ext case its a cheap solution as i already have a few unused 3.5" sata drives

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Back