EUROVOX EX5100 Question

PV-Provo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the whole Eurovox / Dreambox / Starview etc scene, so just had a few questions before I splashed out on one.

Have been looking through all the options and have decided that the EUROVOX EX5100 w/HDD is prob the best option for me as I want a PVR (what started me on this). Just wondering about 2 things that I could not really figure from reading posts etc.

- How far forward is the EPG (I read 7 days somewhere but would be nice for someone who actually has 1 to confirm that). Actually on that note, what is the EPG of the EX7000 HD like? Someone said that 'you can only see to the following morning' which is why I ruled it out, but if anyone can confirm that?

- Has anyone tried recording something to the HDD and then pulled it out and connected it to a computer (Caddy or enclosure or whatever). If so what do you get on it? I ask because It would be good to record to MPEG-2 then author DVDs from recorded films etc. Could always convert it to MPEG-2 from whatever it records to of course.

Cheers for replies!!

Just got a 5100 pvr today and can confirm the EPG is a 7 day job, it,s also a very tidy guide much better than many i,ve seen. Can,t tell you about the HDD as not put one in yet. I know a couple of people with these box, and they recon they,re brill.:Cheers:

i've got one with hard drive and there mint, miss not being able to get to it via web access and share it on the network, but the recording and all that is spot on. timer recording and that, never miss an eppisode...did have a problem with the recording though, as posted in another thread ahd to leave 90 seconds of bbc news on the hard drive other wise the synq was out....strange but it works a treat now.

Got to leave it switched on all the time though as turning it off with the poer and then back on again maybe the next day it reboots all the time. but the box and the picture/recording and ease of use is fantastic!

Sorry new to forum. I bought new ex5100 scanned all the channels in my house but when i took it to my friends house the display doesnt come up on the box and remote doesnt seems to be working either.
Any suggestions??????????????

This is your first post and you've been a member 2 and a half years.

:err:

So splashed out on an expensive FTA recorder?

Any why reply to an old unrelated thread from 2009?

:slaps:

tbh sounds like it could be bricked ... guess it was a clone.

Last edited:
Back