English and Scottish Premier League IPTV Streams / Feeds - EPL SPL

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is this the most common method for watching the EPL and SPL matches live then, I always thought it was from foreign satellite for the Scottish / English premier league 3pm matches?

So would a stream or a feed be a likely re-broadcast of a foreign satellite (dish) channel, or would it actually be a proper bandwidth allocated stream.

The thing that I seem to be picking up about the IPTV channels / streams / feeds / etc:

Is that you have two types,

1) the type that joe bloggs sets up which is almost identical to a website stream just with IPTV protocols, and is run from a bedroom or something using your home broadband.

or

2) a professional IPTV service like apple tv, netflix, bt and so on that actually invest in the infrastructure and broadcast HD quality (potentially).

It would be nice to have a provider in place, but I would also like to put it on XBMC on my Apple TV2, not sure how possible this all is and wondered if anyone with any experience in IPTV streams / feeds could let us know the best way to watch the Live 3pm English / Scottish Games before it's too late and we are all running around like headless chickens lol trying to get a football game on before kick off!

Mick

streams use http protocol to connect to the server usually with RTMP, ( real time messaging protocol ) streams with a token embedded in to the url, most PPV streams are done this way, some free , ie youtube etc. are sent different to your sports PPV streams, which will be more complex with tokens added , which would be embedded into your url when you subscribe, it is called unicasting where as you will be the only person sent this url, where as youtube etc use multicasting for everyone to see, This is called encapsulation, IPTV, Internet Protocol Television is simply a way to deliver traditional broadcast channels to consumers over an IP network in place of terrestrial broadcast,CATV, and satellite services.
The big providers will have all the big infrastructure in place to handle the millions of packets sent to customers, and will also have Geoblocking in place, so you will need a VPN to get around this.

i'm no expert but have built wireless networks around Manchester , i'm mainly a sat engineer with wireless networking experience with parabolic dishes and sector antenna's.

I said 2 years ago dishes will be a thing of the past with fiber and 4g coming into its own IPTV will be the new platform.

ahh the good ol days

stream using a webcam in front of tv lol

Well then pass on the info please :)

Its tsmedia player which is an iptv media centre player , install the url browser from the extensions in dowload panel, and when and if you get a sub you will be sent a url link, which you can input through the browser.

Its tsmedia player which is an iptv media centre player , install the url browser from the extensions in dowload panel, and when and if you get a sub you will be sent a url link, which you can input through the browser.

I use TSMedia player but the part underlined above I dont follow m8?

If you mean the plugin download panel,there is no url browser in the extensions section

I use TSMedia player but the part underlined above I dont follow m8?

If you mean the plugin download panel,there is no url browser in the extensions section

Im using openpli plugins/ green button /downloads/extensions 1st 1 on the list

Back