Browser drop downs in chrome

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have suddenly got this strange problem with drop down menus in chrome my local council web site has a drop down menu for the security question and it will not go past "s" in the alphabet also sammobile has a drop down menu to select the model name of your phone/tablet and in chrome it will not go to my model 19th in the list is as far as it will go
Firefox and IE both work ok so it is a a problem with chrome I have disabled all addons and restarted the laptop ,I have done virus scans with malwarebytes and spybot search and destroy

Yes, you'll have noticed that your normal scrollbar is a lot thinner now too, and the arrow boxes top & bottom are missing. It's Google's latest attempt at an update, some feeble attempt at 'modernising'.
I can get around the drop-menu issue by using the scroll function on my trackpad (with cursor within the drop-down), but not all machines work this way.
There's a long discussion about it on Google forums. Meaning they probably won't do anything about it :(

Yes, you'll have noticed that your normal scrollbar is a lot thinner now too, and the arrow boxes top & bottom are missing. It's Google's latest attempt at an update, some feeble attempt at 'modernising'.
I can get around the drop-menu issue by using the scroll function on my trackpad (with cursor within the drop-down), but not all machines work this way.
There's a long discussion about it on Google forums. Meaning they probably won't do anything about it :(
Just use your up n down arrows to get round the problem.

Same here @edogg got to use the arrow keys as a workaround on my Internet banking. Chrome going down in popularity in my house as it auto-updates & I can't figure out how to roll-back to a previous version which didn't have this nonsensical 'improvement'
HH.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks the up down keys work I also found that zooming out to 90% works but then my reading glasses are not upto the job

They did change the stupid nearly invisible backgroud colour on the menu's so there is hope, but I wish they would stop messing about. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

This was Google's pathetic attempt at defending the update:

Windows scrollbars: Chrome Windows users will notice that the scrollbars have changed to look similar to the style of Chrome in Metro mode. The cleaner look helps make Chrome’s style more consistent across different environments.

Well such as may be, but they look completely different to everything else in a Windows environment. If this is a sneak preview of Chrome o/s, I think I'll steer clear.

Last edited:
Back