Dreambox 500c not unscrambling channels

steakknife03

Inactive User
Reaction score
I just bought a 500c flashed it with the latest 1.6.2 image it finds the channels but it won't unscramble them(anyway to check I have flashed it ok). Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or am I missing a step or two.

I'm totally new to this only got the dreambox today, so I'm not too sure what you mean by or how to change the emu mate
Thanks

No Donnie can't download from here yet someone posted it in hackable.cc forum so I used it . I'm in southern Ireland and I didnt erase the box first would that have anything to do with it. I just erase it with dreamup there and now I can't seem to load the image back on doh. I get a upload packet failed to send error now. hope I havent fecked the box up. I hate being a noob

try it again,

erase the box and it should work, as long as the power is showing you cant mess up the box

There is an emu selection menu if you press BLUE -> DW Menu.

Sometimes it takes a while to update the keys. You need to leave it on a BBC channel for a while, then select a premium channel and it should clear within a couple of minutes. If that still doesn't work, reboot the box and try again. If it still doesn't work, select another emu, i.e. evocamd or mgcamd, and try again.

Also check out the stickys in the Dreambox section. They hold valuable 'newbie' information which needs to be read....that's why they're there! We don't have a 2nd class dreambox forum, we have the BEST dreambox forum on the net! Have a read about and you will see what we mean.

Also check out the link in my signature. ;)

thanks for that i know the post aint for me but im just about to try that i gots the same problem roflmao

cheers lads. Just wasn't sure if I had to do anything other than flash it. Only got figured out hacking normal cable boxes. I thought thre had to be more to it
I take it your a poker fan devilfish with a name like that
Edit:
Got a newer version of dreamup and it seems to be working alot better it even boot up different
Thanks everyone

Last edited:
reload image ,leave it on bbc 1 for 5 mints then move to the other channals i used this and worked

Hi SteakKnive03
Down the south myself, what made you choose the Dreambox and would appreciate if you could tell me where you picked it up. Are you working of Ntl or Chorus and are you on cable or mmds ariel. I have been thinking about buying the Euro-Vox

Cubix

I'm NTL cable What are you on yourself. I picked a dreambox because I heard they were very reliable plus their very easy to setup. Its a nice small size too . The EPG on it is taking a bit to get use to thats the only thing. The dreambox should work on NTL MMDS as all the freq are converted to standard cable ones by a downconverter on the ariel.

Last edited:
I am on Ntl MMDS, is your dreambox EPG anything like ntls. Another words when you press Menu it will give you 4 or 5 cat(all channels/kids/movies etc) and does it have a broswe button.
I have only been messing with the mates EuroVox for a little but its not bad but it seems to lack these features. Did you buy yours locally or on the net

Cubix

You can setup different category on it (movies\sports\fav...) I wouldnt say its as handy as the epg on ntl or maybe I'm just use to theirs, but I think it can pretty much do the same things. I
bought my for jabsplace it worked out about 210 in euros. From what I read you have to be careful as alot of fakes out there. Another thing to note its a newer version coming out the 600c which can be used as PVR .
You will also need a null modem cable to flash it. It easy enough only mistake i made was using an old version of dreamup which didnt work so well.

Hers' the link where I bought it

http://www.jabsplace.co.uk/shop/ind...id=154&zenid=0cf442db18b7cd7ee507eefe683e3b3b

Flash the Dreambox with a null modem cable and dreamup, use the DW 1.6.1 or 1.6.2 images that comes with everything you need to get it working. Change the Emu using the blue button and DW Menu. Leave it for a while and should work.

i have looked through loads of posts and people say to read the setting up dreambox 500c guide but when i click on it it says i cant view because my account doesnt have the correct privliages what can i do as i am new to the dreambox scene please help

ok devilfish thanks for that i just thaught with looking at the posts that the file i was trying to view would be able to be viewed by new users as it is a guide but i will just wait and see when i have been a member for longer thanks anyway

Back