DM800SE Review From DMM Elite

gsmtech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like prototype DM800SE units are out...theres a review onver on DMM Elite forum.
Main points of interest are:

- 400 Mhz CPU.
- No More COM port, repalced by Mini USB.
- Additional cooling fan attached to Lid of reciever.
- Faster boot time than 1st Gen DM800HD.
- Real HDMI port not DVI like 1st Gen DM800HD.

Still no mention of what the price is going to be, and whether it still has security SIM or some new protection methods...

Dm 800 HDse tested for you

They actually have the new DM800se on this site for pre-order for £429 at the end of october, whether you get one at that time is a different story mind you, because Dm dont seem to stick to dates they say.

hxxp://www.smssat.biz/product_info.php?products_id=178

they really need to bring the price down for the official boxes to make them compete with clones. I want an official box but I don't wanna pay 3 times the price damn it.

I agree with you there, i would like to buy the new 800 but there is no way i would pay that price for it. to be honest if i had that sort of money i would go for the Vu-duo and get twin tuners.

yup I agree as well...i've never owned an original DM product...they are all over priced.
Owned Dm500 C and S clones, DM600 clone and DM800 clone.

As long as they sell they have no need to reduce the price though which is a shame.

As long as they sell they have no need to reduce the price though which is a shame.

yup..I suppose the price they sell at isnt the actual value of the hardware, it reflects the support in terms of software. The likes of Nabilo, DreamElite, Gemini, OOzoon, etc etc...are not working for free..

Dream are probably recouping the cash they pay for image development etc to the software teams by adding it onto the retail price of the box.

The only other device I know of with support anywhere near as good as Dream is the VU DUO which also has a good amount of team developing for it and they have managed to keep the price low considering they retail a twin tuner PVR at around the same price of a Dream single tuner PVR...(single tuner Dm800 original vs dual Tuner VU DUO). So theres defintely some over pricing in their as well...

Doubt that they will be very popular @ £429, VU+ Duo around £375 now.

Doubt that they will be very popular @ £429, VU+ Duo around £375 now.

Maybe not the originals...but maybe the cloners can bring this into the market at under 300 quid..

Back