Clean sneakers

kekko75

Member +
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I started this thread to gather different opinions on cleaning sneakers. What products to use with different materials and how to avoid any damage.

I like Imperial leather soap, Head and shoulders shampoo, although any 2in1 will do.
And an anti slip mat when getting out of the bath. I'm not speaking for all sneakers though.

I like Imperial leather soap, Head and shoulders shampoo, although any 2in1 will do.
And an anti slip mat when getting out of the bath. I'm not speaking for all sneakers though.

Snap! Exactly the same here, though I also got a grab handle fitted the other day.

Can’t be too careful getting out of the bath. 👍

Anyhow, to answer the OP's question. Clean sneakers the same as naras and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure what you would term as Sneakers, I'm assuming you mean Trainers.
In which case I would say that it totally depends on what they are made from, being really old school I wear Trainers with Leather uppers and my preference is for Black Reebok Classics and cleaning them involves a wipe down with a damp cloth to remove any dried on crud then wiped with a dry cloth before applying shoe polish and then buffing them with a shoe brush until shining the a quick wipe over with a clean microfibre cloth to finish them off.
The up side to this is that most places that state "No Trainers" tend not to realise they are Trainers and so I can stroll on in.

Sorry guys, in my country we used to use sneakers to indicate trainers shoes.
It was fun reading your comments. 🤣
Usually here some shop sell some products that are used to clean leather shoes.
I have a lot of difficulties when I try to clean shoes with suede. I tried to buy white bread rubber, I got some results but not the best.

Back