CAM Check/Restart Script...

ToneDeff

Inactive User
Reaction score
wrote a very basic cron CAM restart script a while ago, decided to look into better ways to check if CAM is active and working, at the moment i've only added advanced checks for CCcam, could all be set from Panel, type of check etc, then use the crond scripts i'm already using to set how often to check CAM hourly/daily/weekly etc

CCcam check's i've added use webui and also Enigma zapping ECM times.

the ECM checks might work for any CAM as i think they all use the same format in "tmp/ecm.info" ?

renaming the script changes what cam it checks, did this so i can store one version on my panel then change the script name as it downloads.
all cccam port info and webui user:pass info is taken out cccam.cfg using grep, if not found by grep then script will use default for them
so users don't need to edit script to match their CAM setup.

also if CAM isn't active it "ls" on /var/bin/ to find CAM binary to start so should work with any version of cam's as long as they contain the full cam name somewhere in binary filename, uppper/lower case doesn't effect it. if more then one version fo CAM is in var/bin/ it will start the first alphabetically listed one.

#ToneDeff - CamCheck/Restart Script v1.2
#you can rename script to cam your using, cccamcheck, mgcamdcheck, newcscheck, etc...

#running with no paramaters will check if cam is running if not starts it
#> cccamcheck

#always restart cam
#> cccamcheck -restart

#checks if cam's webui is running if not restarts cam / cccam only...
#> cccamcheck -webuicheck
#
#checks if cam has any shares listed if none restarts cam
#> cccamcheck -webuicheck -shares
#
#checks if cam has webui runinng and if any clients are active, if 0 clients or webui offline restarts cam
#> cccamcheck -webuicheck -clients

#zaps to set channel then check if cam is receiving ECM for it if not restarts cam / cccam only...
#> cccamcheck -ecmcheck
#
#zaps to set channel then check if cam is decoding and has an ECM under 600 if not restarts cam.
#> cccamcheck -ecmcheck 600
#
#zaps to set channel then check if cam is decoding and has an ECM under 400 if not restarts cam.
#> cccamcheck -ecmcheck 400

#manually zap box to channel you want to test ECM with then enter this is Telnet
#> cccamcheck -ecmcheck -setzap

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Back