Wired (cat 5/6) Bridging Connections on a PC

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Short story, I took out an old wardrobe we fitted when we first moved in, and found a cat5 wire that was going behind it to down the stairs kitchen, I do not know what came over me but I was sure it was not being used and cut it and removed it.

I found out that one of my IP Panasonic phones was using it lol...

I have a PC downstairs that has a Wifi connection to the house, It also has a hard wire port (LAN RJ45), I was wondering could I put a cable from the PC LAN (RJ45) port to the IPTV phone and bridge the connections somehow?

I have never done anything like this before and before I run a cable I thought I would ask and see if it is possible.

Cheers
Mick

What about a pair of Homeplugs @Mick ? all you would need is a wall socket near your router and one near the IPTV phone

Last edited by a moderator:
What about a pair of Homeplugs @Mick ? all you would need is a wall socket near your router and one near the IPTV phone

That's a good idea :)

However I can confirm it does actually work, I just pulled a long wire across (temp) and plugged it into my IP phone, and then into the back of the PC and it never worked first, I went into the adaptor settings bridged the connections and worked right away :)

Very pleased :)

Will hide the cable now I know it works.

I never used that bridge connection before but thought worth a shot :)

Mick

Will hide the cable now I know it works.

Mick
Just remember where and what it is this time, save all the fecking about in future pmsl :)

Glad you sorted it mate

Just remember where and what it is this time, save all the fecking about in future pmsl :)

Glad you sorted it mate

A men to that lol, fecking twat I am at times :)

Could always solder it back together?
HH.

Back