VU+ Duo Box randomly rebooting

bob100

Inactive User
Reaction score
Not had any probs on the box or image but last few days it's been randomly re booting

Any ideas ( not on any particular channel)

Bh image

Cheers

Image is BH 2.09 on vu+duo with 500gig hdd and 80cm moveable dish parked at 28.2

Could be a failing power supply although you will need to rule out a corrupt image by flashing it first.

You could try disconnecting the hdd to create less load on the psu and see if it reboots less. My give us a clue.

I'm hoping it wasn't a psu dying, but I've had that on a PC before and wasn't too traumatic to swap out,

I'm wondering whether loading an epg plug in has corrupted the image or even some power cuts we had a few weeks ago.

I was contemplating flashing with a Vix image cos I really like their epg but no idea what version is going at mo and which files to retain for my line and which cam ,

Image is BH 2.09 on vu+duo with 500gig hdd and 80cm moveable dish parked at 28.2

Yeah its possible the image could of been corrupted so i would advice re flashing before worrying about PSU's

You find the cfg for your line in the etc folder on most images.

I'm going to uninstall the cool tv and reload epg just in case it was that causing the re boot. Also going to sort out the number of boxes plugged into the same double socket via 4gang extension.

Currently running a tm6900 a ps4, my vuduo+, the phone, the surround sound, the modem and the router.

I'll update this post if I get any further (which was bliddy handy last time you guys helped me problem solve cos I just looked the thread up again)

Funny you should say that - just whipped the lid off and it's not - a few weeks ago something was making some noise but didn't think it was the fan - maybe it was.

So is it the fan that's not working or something on the board ? Oh dear this is starting to sound expensive

Mine was doing the same. i noticed the fan had stopped and the box was overheating.

So did you fix it?

I think I'm going I end up with a solo2 or a duo2 .. Not sure what the difference is yet might have to post a new thread in main forum

I think I'm going I end up with a solo2 or a duo2 .. Not sure what the difference is yet might have to post a new thread in main forum

Just compare the specs of the 2

The duo2 has more flash and more ram and also has a spare tuner slot. Those are the main advantages over the solo2.

If you dont need the ability to run 4 tuners then get the solo2 its good value.

Last edited:
Only other consideration is watching sat tv in two rooms - would I need quad lnb and two boxes or is there another way that isn't tablet/PC in bedroom linked to network -

Only other consideration is watching sat tv in two rooms - would I need quad lnb and two boxes or is there another way that isn't tablet/PC in bedroom linked to network -

Youll need a box in each room and depending on what you get the solo2 2 tuners and duo2 possible 4 tuners a suitable lnb.

So it would be with solo 2 , 2 boxes - solo has two tuners and a quad lnb with 2nd pair of cables to other box. Which means 1 dish with 4 feeds - two to a box upstairs and two downstairs.

What I'm wondering I suppose before buying the solo 2 is that the duo2 would give me something better networking... I'd still have to buy another box as my tm6900 has not got any Ethernet port.

Or do I just get an iPad or something to link to main box

mine has just randomly turned off (in the middle of football!!!!! :Angryfire) and had red light of death when i turned it back on... tried rebooting and still the red light. tried flashing it and it refused so tried one last time and hey presto it worked! now just got to install everything from scratch again which is annoying they seem a bit temperamental at times these things! if anybody else gets this prob try the re-flash as it worked for me.

SO if the fans stopped working and it just gets red light, its dead? no point in flashing it?

Back