Bit of a Long Shot: Does anyone have the Ambit 250 Ultimate Pack?

blobert

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm off work tomorrow and was hoping to get down to setting up my NTL 250 modem.

I've spent the last 2 days scanning for MACs, have exchanged them and am ready to go but the downloading feature on the site has been down for a day so I cannot get the Ambit 250 Ultimate Pack from the downloads section.

If anyone happens to have this on their computer and would upload it or email it to me I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks,
Robert

Hi folks,
I'm off work tomorrow and was hoping to get down to setting up my NTL 250 modem.
I've spent the last 2 days scanning for MACs, have exchanged them and am ready to go but the downloading feature on the site has been down for a day so I cannot get the Ambit 250 Ultimate Pack from the downloads section.
If anyone happens to have this on their computer and would upload it or email it to me I'd be eternally grateful.
Thanks,
Robert

i did a search on google and its on there type 'ambit250 ultimate pack' without the quotes into google 1st link,3rd post down

i hope this helps...

You are my hero!

Thanks very much, downloading it now.

lol what would you need it for? you dont want to be using that firmware in that pack anyway? im assuming you just want it for the tftp program

Sorry, which firmware should I be using then?

Thanks.

lol what would you need it for? you dont want to be using that firmware in that pack anyway? im assuming you just want it for the tftp program

WHY NOT!
I am still using that Infinite fw! as long as your 250 was not Bricked! and you follow the
advice in the sticky "### Protecting your 250 ### "

Use Hideki "Ambit Config Tool v0.971b" to search for a working Mac's for your area
run the Mac's through DHCP Force "Discover" to find a 20mb Mac. ="cm-20480-768"

Back to "Ambit Config Tool v0.971b" incert that Mac and disable override TFTP cfg,
Click Apply Then go into CM Terminal and change Serial & USB:

cd non-vol
cd snmp_cm
docsDevSerialNumber AABBCCDDEEFF (Your Mac)
write

Re-Boot Modem:

cd \
cd \non-vol/halif
usb_mac_address AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF (Your Mac +1)
write

Re-Boot Modem:

That's it your 250 with Infinite will be working again at 20mb : multi :

Well the infinite firmware is more likely to be targetted due to the snmp headers as stated by adam. But one good reason not to use the infinite firmware is that in certain areas it causes the connection to drop after around 5 - 10 minutes regardless of which mac you use! Adam's firmware doesn't and thats first hand from me as i tested both. Another reasons is once youve uploaded the infinite firmware, as of yet there is no way to then change it to adam's, at least if you choose adam's and you dont like it or dont get on with it you can then apply the infinite firmware. So that's WHY NOT!

Does adams firmware have decent instructions with it, I am quite the idiot so will need a step by step guide.

Also I don't think NTL in Ireland are doing anything to stop the modems at the moment.

I used adam's guide last night and flashed my first Ambit 250 .without any problem
PS Nice work adam :)

The problem that this gives me is that I cant use any of the cool toys that comes with the Ambit 250 Ultimate Pack, as in been able to scan for macs on a different nodes :(

Or can I ??

Cheers All

Icon

thats right you cant use hideki's am(cho)bit tool

but i think solsters tool pretty much does the same, but quicker, and more effectively anyway

"solsters tool"

do you have a link for me buddy ?

Much Thanks

Icon

PS sorry for the off topic post

Back