BEWARE - HMRC Tax Refund SCAM

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys, just to let you know to beware of the following email, as we approach the month of tax returns and so on:

HM Revenue & Customers Tax Refund Notification‏

Tax Refund Notification

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity, we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of 988.50 GBP. Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 2-3 days in order to process it.

Click Here to submit your tax refund request

Note : A refund can be delayed a variety of reasons, for example submitting invalid records or applying after deadline.

Best Regards

HM Revenue & Customs

Guys, just to let you know to beware of the following email, as we approach the month of tax returns and so on:
i get this :)
This website has been reported as unsafe

CotoGarden.com

We recommend that you do not continue to this website.

This website has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.

This website has been reported to contain the following threats:
  • <LI style="DISPLAY: block" id=PhishingThreat name="PhishingThreat">Phishing threat: This is a phishing website that impersonates a trusted website to trick you into revealing personal or financial information.

i get this :)
This website has been reported as unsafe

CotoGarden.com

We recommend that you do not continue to this website.

This website has been reported to Microsoft for containing threats to your computer that might reveal personal or financial information.

This website has been reported to contain the following threats:
  • <LI style="DISPLAY: block" id=PhishingThreat name="PhishingThreat">Phishing threat: This is a phishing website that impersonates a trusted website to trick you into revealing personal or financial information.

You're brave for clicking on it. i didnt even click on it lol.

it would be a joke anyways if the tax office ever informed you of a refund lol. I claimed for a tax refund once to claim back mileage expenses and they turned round saying I owed them money! bloody w$nkers

The wife got an email a few days back.

They really are a bunch of wankers.

Hehe.

She got the email from the scammers.

Both are wankers though.

you have to love open dns

Phishing Site Blocked
Phishing is a fraudulent attempt to get you to provide
personal information under false pretenses.

cheers for letting us know mate

Back