Alzheimer's Research UK

Cressi

Inactive User
Reaction score
First off I apologise if this is not allowed but over the years the odd Just Giving page has appeared on site and they have always been for a good cause and have been well supported by our generous members.

Phil, a good friend of mine lost his Mum last year to the dreadful disease Alzheimer's. Anyone who has or has had a family member in a similar position will relate to how awful this disease is.It was heartbreaking seeing the deterioration in his Mum every time we meet up but she's at peace now.

Phil and a friend have decided to do a charity bike ride in memory of his Mum on July 3rd to raise funds for Alzheimer's Research UK.

I know times are hard for a lot of people and money is tight but even a little donation would mean a lot to this worthwhile cause. So if I could be so bold as to ask that instead of having that extra beer tonight, have one less and donate the money saved to this worthwhile cause. As the well known advert says " Every Little Helps "

I don't normally post requests such as this, but I would be extremely grateful if any of our great family on digitalworldz would be willing to sponsor Phil and Danny to raise donations to support groundbreaking research to beat dementia, a cause which is also close to my heart.

The link to Phil's Just Giving page is:

Phil Robinson is fundraising for Alzheimer's Research UK

Thanks for looking.

Just an update...

£565.00
raised of £2,000 target
by 17 supporters

A little donation made, hope they reach their target.

Thanks very much Trabbs. Hopefully your the first of many for this worthwhile cause.

I know exactly what your mate has gone through..

Small donation sent mate.. best of luck with the bike ride

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Latest update

£685.00
raised of £2,000 target
by 22 supporters

So a third of the way there. Nice one guys

Latest update
£845.00
raised of £2,000 target
by 27 supporters

Well i didnt think i would talk about my situation on a forum but here goes my mum who passed away last year god bless her and her sister and brother all had the same genetic disease called picks the link is to the Alzheimers site What is frontotemporal dementia? - Alzheimer's Society now to watch my uncle auntie and mum go this way is heart breaking and i feel for your friend and i have always tried to contrubute to Alzheimers so i will put a donation
thanks

Thanks m8.It's an awful disease and gut wrenching to see loved ones suffer.

- - - Updated - - -

Last few days guys and a big thank you to all who have donated so far. I hope the weather improves or it's going to be a hard slog. Almost at our target but if anyone would like to donate, no matter how small it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Cressi

Back