a few cccam questions please

bigup

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive read the stickies but there are a few things im unsure of.

1. whats the different between white and blue sly cards? any particular one that i should use? (using 500C as a server), i guess its pot luck to what sly send you hey?

2. just put pli jade maxvar image on a 500c, gone to downloads and installed latest cccam, theres only one option for it, does this include the server part of cccam too?

3. how often does the sly card need to go into the original sly box to update?

4. ive read that max about of clients is about 25 on a 500C server. does this number decrease if ALL clients use a HD receiver? or doesnt it matter, the number stays at ~25 regardless of if users are using sd and hd receivers.

Thanks!

answers below

1, don't think sky send out blue cards anymore all white as far as I know

2, yes, make sure you download the CCcam.cfg as well

3, You can leave it in the 500c and allow one of the clients to send you emm to update your card.

4 doesn't make a difference regarding HD or SD, the client is only asking the server (Sky Card) for the decrypted control word (DCW) 25 people all connected at the same time asking for DCW is a lot, not sure what the max simultaneous connection limit would be, but in reality not all your peers will be connected all the time/at the same time.

Frenchman

one more quick question if i may :)

ive been looking into the CCcam.cfg and if i have a F line like this:

F: user password 0 0 0 { 0:0:1 }

do i have to put a "no" at the end of the c line to disable incoming emms from the receiver?

or is the f line above enough to block this without the "no" at the end of the c line?

hope that made sense

thanks

one more quick question if i may :)

ive been looking into the CCcam.cfg and if i have a F line like this:

F: user password 0 0 0 { 0:0:1 }

do i have to put a "no" at the end of the c line to disable incoming emms from the receiver?

or is the f line above enough to block this without the "no" at the end of the c line?

hope that made sense

thanks
thats fine mate that will block emms :proud:

Thanks mate.

Also, I've set my clock speed to : SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY : /dev/sci0 3430000

How do I know if I need to overclock? And what is max speed I should set a White sly card using internal reader.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks mate.

Also, I've set my clock speed to : SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY : /dev/sci0 3430000

How do I know if I need to overclock? And what is max speed I should set a White sly card using internal reader.

Thanks in advance.
personally mate if theres not gunna be loads of people on your server and sharing at the same time you dont need to overclock, iv never done any of that and mine runs fine with a few friends and family on, depends how far you wanna go really! :proud:

Back