1st sb5100i

marra

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi im just doing my 1st sb modem and im upto this point in the tut

* 5) Next, click on the 'SB5100' tab, click 'Program' and choose the 'SIGMA-X-1.06.bin' firmware. It needs to be the RC4 release to work on ex-cw. This takes about 20 mins.

* 6) Go to the SB5100 tab. Under "Install new bootloader", click the folder and open up "SIGMAX-BL_v2.6-LITE.bin"

prob is i cant find "SIGMAX-BL_v2.6-LITE.bin" ive read the flash and backed it up, im just writing the SB5100_NOSH.BIN as i type and then according to the tut im using im to do the above step and then i write 5100-SIGMA-1.6-RC4.bin

although ive read two tuts one had it in the order above and the other step 6 and then 5 if you get my point lol can someone cofirm which order they go in (im assuming 5 then 6 but not 100%), and also where i can get SIGMAX-BL_v2.6-LITE.bin ive had a look around and downloaded a few files but i cant seem to find it, thanks.

ps i have the 5100-SIGMA-1.6-RC4.bin file and im using blackcat 1.28

ive just checked on the progress and during writing the SB5100_NOSH.BIN ive got a error message

verification failed, continue anyways? that cant be good! please help!!!

Last edited:
i decided to go with continue anyway and the flash finished i think a few people have had the same prob all at 69% and have had no trouble, but i have run into another prob when i goto the 5100 tab and click program and then 5100-SIGMA-1.6-RC4.bin i get the message

file is invalid length. anyone any ideas also i still cant find SIGMAX-BL_v2.6-LITE.bin if poss could some one post it or point me in the right direction, thanks any help is appreciated.

just downloaded a new SIGMA-1.6-RC4.bin and that is working now (from d/loads section)

but im still looking for SIGMAX-BL_v2.6-LITE.bin if anyone can help.

Last edited:
i decided to go with continue anyway and the flash finished i think a few people have had the same prob all at 69% and have had no trouble, but i have run into another prob when i goto the 5100 tab and click program and then 5100-SIGMA-1.6-RC4.bin i get the message

file is invalid length. anyone any ideas also i still cant find SIGMAX-BL_v2.6-LITE.bin if poss could some one post it or point me in the right direction, thanks any help is appreciated.

just downloaded a new SIGMA-1.6-RC4.bin and that is working now (from d/loads section)

but im still looking for SIGMAX-BL_v2.6-LITE.bin if anyone can help.
here m8, if u still need it

just out of curiosity m8, is your pin header solderless?, as sometimes i got the verivication error (not that it affected the flash) on the solderless. On the ones i have soldered it has never happened.

Just wondering if it the just losses connection during flash for some reason

when i get the error i tend to cancel the flash and re-start it and it dosen't give any errors.

cheers gentlex it was winding me up i couldnt find it anywhere.
kruger - i soldered the pins in mate i only got a soldering iron (never used one before) last week and im getting good at it lol i looked through a few threads and it seemed alot of people had the same prob at 69% is it possible it could be a bug in blackat 128 or in all the tuts ive seen the chip inside is a MXIC MX29LV160AB where mine is a intel. so everythings done now lets hope it works thanks for the help and tuts dw

right the next prob lol, have i bricked it - i disconected blackcat and power and then connected my network cable and reconected power and the modem lights up the recieve, online, pc activity and standby lights and they go off after a second and thats it can anyone tell me how bad this is thanks.
#

quick update i just reconected the blackcat and the power and the b/cat software is still finding it even though there are no lights on does this mean i may have used the wrong files im in a tw area, another thing when i try and check the flash now it dont show anything so im not sure whats happening there

Last edited:
I could never get the RC4 to work

I used "SIGMA-X-1.06.bin" without any problems

TW area

I remember doing my first 5100 mate a propper nightmare it was, I wound up having to reflash it with a full dump abou 8/9MB

another tip if you think it is bricked and you cant read or write to the modem

(power down the moden and start your flash as the modem is booting up to recover)

For this I used the original image

just flash the SIGMA-X-1.06.bin using write all and it should work mate dont flash boot strap or anything else.

plug the power cable in and press detect then click on write all and when it's finished it should work..

after you have flashed do this aswell

Goto webshell page in 192.168.100.1
Godown to broadcom command and type in….
cd non-vol
cd halif
UpdateSettings
goto Frequencies page and type in 331000000 in DS Frequency
Goback to Webshell page and type in UpdateSettings in Broadcom command
Goto Sigma page and Type in working mac adress
Unplug modem and connect coax and power up
Hey presto you Should be Online

thanks for the replies, geeuk am i right in thinking that i dont need to do the above as im not in a ex-cw area or am i wrong ive read that much stuff im a bit unsure or do i do that because i dont do the bootstrap update, thanks again

*** ive just reflashed as i did before but this time i didnt flash the bootloader/strap and i still cant get on the sigma page using 192.168.100.1 but now the same lights i talked about earlier are staying on longer but still going off and i still have no prob getting back into reflash it, also this time when i flashed i used the freeware blackcat software and i didnt get the error that i get everytime with build 128 at 69%. i can see this being very drawn out i apreciate everyones help, cheers atleast ive still got my reliable ambit to put me on

Last edited:
can someone from tw land post the files they used for a sb5100i as im flashing everything right as far as i know but i still cant get the sigma page on and the lights stay on for about 5 secs then go off im at a loss now, thanks

hi been having exactly the same problem and just found this gonna try it later

Last edited:
can someone from tw land post the files they used for a sb5100i as im flashing everything right as far as i know but i still cant get the sigma page on and the lights stay on for about 5 secs then go off im at a loss now, thanks

here's mine from tw

thanks for eveyones help ive only gone and done it lol, it was tunits file that did it i didnt get to try your file jumpinjo but ill be keeping old of both just in case, im asuming my next step is just to add a mac and a config and im off, in every tut ive read it says make sure you have a working mac but ive allways been under the impression that you dont know its working until you try it im not sure but i might have seen a app before that checks the macs to see if they are any good but im thinking if i had have seen that i would of grabbed it or am i talking rubbish lol, thanks again.

hi it didnt work for me and now the modem is either not connecting to black cat or connects but flash finishes in seconds or it goes through all the right motions but still the same i noticed that every time i click detect the bytes change ????: grim :

Back