Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is dr linux alive or dead ???

i have been emailing constantly about the tm800hd and the new tm twin and he doesnt reply to emails - has anyone spoken to him recently , its really frustrating

squig007

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: is dr linux alive or dead ???

Quote Originally Posted by squig007 View Post
    i have been emailing constantly about the tm800hd and the new tm twin and he doesnt reply to emails - has anyone spoken to him recently , its really frustrating

squig007
    Not sure why you even bother to be honest, you should have realised by now you will either get :

1- Complete denial the problem even exists.
    2- Blame the end user for not "fallowing a,b,c".
    3- Claim he cannot re-create the problem, on his own test box therefore it doesnt exist.
    4- Claims that 98% of "trader" customers are happy, and "2% enthusiasts" make noise for no reason...

He has gone very quiet of recent. probably realised nobody believes him anymore. You can only cry "wolf" so many times before even the most faithful of followers start realising your talking rubbish.

At least be honest and hold your hands up and admit the problems, that would be the proper approach.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mate contacted him a little while ago re the problems with the box, some of which I have documented here for the benefit of others (to see the typical responses or the lack of belief shown by TM when testing their stuff for free) and he got accused of making comments on this forum

He's not even a member here...He uses a static IP with Be Internet and wouldn't risk joining the forums I do (I use a hacked cable modem via VNC so I don't care lol) but we do see/speak with each other about tech all the time.

You couldn't ask for a more OCD tester for your h/w or s/w (all of it free) and all they managed to do was insult him..

Personally, I wouldn't give 1 minute of my time to Technomate or any of their rude/blind employees after perusing their emails of denial..

With the release of another update, I did ask him if he was going to test it (which apparently fixes one of the RGB issues he raised) and his reply was "f**k em"

I can't really blame him, he bought 5 or 6 of these (& I bought 1 of those) and after all that, you can understand him feeling a tad exploited..

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be honest he made me a promise a few months ago and i am beginning to think he is backing away from what he promised me - but i will not metion anything yet to see if he comes good with his promise ???

squig007

Half way up a mountain, middle of nowhere. I've seen whats coming.
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Listings

Dr_Linux made the decision to stop posting.

BRING BACK SCOOT!!

Viewing as a guest? Click here to register and start downloading

I break my stuff, so you wont have to

Click to see my new hobby.

If this post offends you, dont read it.

Warning! May contain nuts.

Seller's Items

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by digidude View Post
    Dr_Linux made the decision to stop posting.
    Fook me he's finally got something right for once!

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me Technomate have 1 fault

employing iQ to do there linux boxes

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    for me Technomate have 1 fault

employing iQ to do there linux boxes
    More than that...they should never have gone the ITGate route....history of poor quality software support, this time the hardware wasnt even proven/tested to work correctly with Enigma 2 code, no proper drivers etc in existance. With ITGate unfortuanately UR TEAM/IQ Team/DS Team are part and parcel...Not sure how much input TM have if any into the software teams...that might all be a ITGate/Manufacturer decision....TM in effect Stick a logo on the box and packaging...

Hopefully Lessons learned, and we might see onwards and upwards. Moral of the story...Dont buy anything until your confident all features work properly or well enough for you be happy with the product...

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gsmtech. the new linux twin oe is reported to have a broadcom chip on board. Do you know if ITgate/UR/IQ have released any boxes with these chips onboard and if so what were they like. TM seem to be putting a lot of faith in these guys even after the long and lenghty fiasco we have been witness to.

Quote Originally Posted by gsmtech View Post
    More than that...they should never have gone the ITGate route....history of poor quality software support, this time the hardware wasnt even proven/tested to work correctly with Enigma 2 code, no proper drivers etc in existance. With ITGate unfortuanately UR TEAM/IQ Team/DS Team are part and parcel...Not sure how much input TM have if any into the software teams...that might all be a ITGate/Manufacturer decision....TM in effect Stick a logo on the box and packaging...

Hopefully Lessons learned, and we might see onwards and upwards. Moral of the story...Dont buy anything until your confident all features work properly or well enough for you be happy with the product...

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tbh when I bought the TM800 I went for Brand Name (Technomate) I was new to Satellite so didnt know a lot of background infomation

I do know of ITGate/UR_ from the cable days and what a bad name they had/have

if I had known then that they were involved so heavily I would not of spent my 250 on that particular box

we live and learn but its been very expensive way to learn for me (410)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

User Tag List