Thread: TM800 source code. PUBLIC!!

Forum: Technomate TM-800HD Support

OK so youve read that the source was coming, then you read that it was available to teams, well, now its also available to YOU. fancy having a go? think you can fix it? heres the details that you need Only members can view code. ID anonymous

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: TM800 source code. PUBLIC!!

Quote Originally Posted by ellie1998 View Post
    Hopefully if it comes back it will be oe but I doubt it.
    It's been so long now I can't remember exactly but I think OE (or as close as) is what they promised and why they said it was taking so long

Just Registered
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simply disappointed..! with the price of tm800 is better to buy vu+solo clones.... is illegal write opensource on the gift box and the source code are not available. it is a scam!!

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vampeta View Post
    is illegal write opensource on the gift box and the source code are not available. it is a scam!!
    illegal! FFS, a piss take perhaps but can't see a SWAT team kicking the doors in - it was available but was useless and not proper opensource.... which is why it's not available now, but will be soon. I mean, give em a chance, it's only been 2 years+

Hmmmm, maybe it's illegal in Albania? That's not where you're from by any chance is it?

Inactive User
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone opened this thread and it says : " TM800 source code. PUBLIC !! "
    I am certain that someone still has this somewhere. Me thinks the problem here is determination.
    If they as a company cannot fix this, then they should leave this source open for others to try.
    Without any other questions asked. That will show some good will...and people will be less frustrated.
    @vampeta - it is not a scam, it is just the way things are.

P.S. I got this box for some time, and in spare time if tools available I can look at it.
    Prolly some will say is not worth it. It's not like I am working with deadlines or anything.
    Last edited by dbox2005; 23rd March 2012 at 14:00.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbox2005 View Post
    If they as a company cannot fix this, then they should leave this source open for others to try.
    I couldn't agree with you more mate. It was once available so I can't see any reason why they wont make it available again but I believe they had spent a bit of time making it OE but then got pulled onto Twin project. They've promised they're going back to it so if they can complete the change to OE then great, but if not then hopefully they'll tidy up what they have got and stick it out to public again.

The biggest problem was the low level drivers for the chipset used were so poor and beyond the scope of fixing for what the average 3rd party team would get involved in when creating their own image from base. There are some clever guys out there though and as has been done before on other boxes, solutions were found. I don't know how much TM can make public with those drivers though as it could depend on any legal agreements with NXP

Half way up a mountain, middle of nowhere. I've seen whats coming.
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am in the process of compressing the last available public release of the source code that i have, ready to upload

BRING BACK SCOOT!!

Viewing as a guest? Click here to register and start downloading

I break my stuff, so you wont have to

Click to see my new hobby.

If this post offends you, dont read it.

Warning! May contain nuts.

Just Registered
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by digidude View Post
    i am in the process of compressing the last available public release of the source code that i have, ready to upload
    wonderful news that
    thanks digidude

Half way up a mountain, middle of nowhere. I've seen whats coming.
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tried a few different ways of compressing it for upload, the only way i could do it, was as one single 412Mb zip file. its uploading at the moment to my personal FTP space so ill post a link in the morning.

the files within the zip are 'as is' this is how i downloaded them. its NOTHING like any other source code ive used, everything i learned while trying to teach myself how to code, was learned using this, and now that im trying OE sources, everything that i know, is wrong. if its not what you were expecting to see when you download it, please dont bombard me with pm's, i simply dont have the time to reply and go through everything, as a new OE source is supposed to be on the horizon, and to try and improve on this may well be a pointless excercise

a link will follow shortly though

BRING BACK SCOOT!!

Viewing as a guest? Click here to register and start downloading

I break my stuff, so you wont have to

Click to see my new hobby.

If this post offends you, dont read it.

Warning! May contain nuts.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

User Tag List