Thread: Vice-chairman Dein leaves Arsenal

Forum: Sport in General

Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein has left the club with immediate effect because of "irreconcilable differences" with the rest of the board. What will Mickie D think ??? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/6569561.stm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vice-chairman Dein leaves Arsenal

Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein has left the club with immediate effect because of "irreconcilable differences" with the rest of the board.

What will Mickie D think ???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/6569561.stm

DW Cash
    Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    bad news he is a arsenal fan and has alot of weight with the FA

looks like we are going the route of liverpool, mancs, chelski and being taken over by some rich people

only thing is we might become billionaires like chelski and to be liverpool but wenger wont spend it lmao

lol @ what will i think, no one cares anyway pmsl there are loads of gooners on the site (which is nice) i wonder what they will think
    Live your life!

DW Member
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But Hill-Wood told the Guardian: "The shareholders would prefer to stay in control than sell out to some stranger.

"We would be horrified to see ownership of the club go across the Atlantic."

Hill-Wood claims that he and three of the club's major shareholders - Fiszman, Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith and the Carr family - have "no intention of selling".

He added: "These people love Arsenal, they are independently wealthy and do not need the money. Having a few extra million pounds in the bank is of no interest to them.

"We're here for Arsenal football club, not to make a few bob. The club has been run for the benefit of supporters, staff and players."

Hill-Woods statement from this morning

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/6566789.stm

Dunno whats going on there,was Dein up for selling then.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the impression he was dead against selling and the latest from Hill
    Wood seems to suggest that.

He revealed remaining board members, who own 45.45% of the remaining shares, had agreed not to dispose of their shares for at least one year.
    O.K so they sell next year.

DW Cash
    Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    at least dont mean they will sell in one years time lol

it means the board have all agreed that one more year is the minimum.

when there is a collection of more than 4 people owning the highest shares in the club how could they all say they wont sell next year or a year after that you only need a percentage to go for a full takeover, if one person held all the shares then they could say ok i wont sell for 5 years.

but one year is better than what happened to liverpool and chelski and man u, and chelsea never fighted the takeover to become billionaires, neither did liverpool because they are clubs that have no choice and cannot or couldnot (in chelskis case) without the money!

the only other club to fight it was man u and that was the fans... i feel proud to know there is people on our board trying to fight/keep the club in its own hands and these people have never done bad for us so far.

i dont know the whole dein story i think it will be more clear in the papers today but depends which one you read lol.. read the sun and expect a fairy tale lol, you know i dont think i ever remember the sun ever getting a story right they are fun though lol
    Live your life!

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i get the impression he was against the takeover.....
    but to be honest i dont really know whats better for us..a takeover or not...

the only thing i am worried about is the imapct of this on wenger....

DW Member
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dein, who holds 14% of shares in the parent company of the Gunners, will cease to be a director after leaving because of differences concerning the direction and ownership at the club.

Dein, 63, is thought to be in favour of Stan Kroenke's involvement at the club after the American billionaire recently bought a 9.99% stake in the club, and that has put him at odds with Hill-Wood.

Looks like Dein was for a takeover, but cant see a takeover being good for us. We're the third richest club in the world apparently, behind Real and Manu, saw it on the telly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/6570621.stm

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would have liked to have arsenal stay as it is...... all this take over by rich investors will kill the game........even though this may bring untold wealth to the club it will not guarnantee success....more so it could cause instability especially when wenger has a good relationship with the board........even if wenger had all that money at his disposal as a result of the take over i doubt he would buy big, ultimately he could get pushed......its going to be sad day when arsenal is taken over....end of a gooner era
    Last edited by logic_187; 19th April 2007 at 11:09.
    Keep The Scene Alive

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agrees with all the post above.

David Dein has been amazing for Arsenal but I dont think we have seen the last of him. I heard on Talksport yesterday of their views and Ian Wrights views, they are thinking that Dein might actually spend the year heading a consortium with the American billionaire and mounting a takeover. In my opinion I trust Dein to do good for Arsenal because he is a fan and loves the club and his relationship with Wenger is amazing. But i also agree with the other members of the board, Arsenal is a family run club and would LOVE it to stay family run. I am split in 2 minds. Arsenal dont really need the money. All i want is to keep Arsene Wenger by whatever means possible (from him wanting to stay of course).

...aka Devil666x

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in my opinion and the way things are looking its only a matter of time before Arsenal is privately owned this really pisses me off we are football fans and these foreigners come over just to make money i.e Glazers the bastards. Football clubs belong to fans in my opinion as without us the clubs can't do anything what you think??? We put money into it be it with going to games buying club kit and loads of other things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast