Thomson DSI8215 BBC HD Channels

Shrek

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can any one confirm they are still receiving the BBC 1HD 2HD & News HD channels on the Thomson DSI8215 with or without the card inserted?

I seem to be getting the message "No satellite signal received" with both cables connected.
Both tuners are showing signal strength in the settings / Signal.

I can receive the other free to view C4HD, RT HD + other BBC HD channels + all other FTV SD channels.

Has your 8215 ever had its power supply repaired? It's a very common fault in these boxes for the smoothing cap's to fail, often resulting in poor reception (despite what the signal level meters say). Sadly I can't check 1 & 2 HD for you as I have no 2E reception here.

I replaced all the capacitors in the power supply + new HDD some years back.
It was OK then.
Then sky gave me a replacement drx890.

The capacitors look to be OK (no bulging tops).
I've noticed some other (SD) channels are also beginning to display No satellite signal received, so I'm thinking could the power supply be faulty again.

I tried to scan for BBC 1HD manually but there was no option to select symbol rate of 23000, only 22000 & 27500.

I would still like to know if any one is having problem with the BBC HD channels.

It's not the power supply it's the box it can not process the new way sky are clearing channels. Call sky they will swap out the box for free for a new box with wifi built in

Sent from my iPhone using Fingers and thumbs ...

It's not the power supply it's the box it can not process the new way sky are clearing channels. Call sky they will swap out the box for free for a new box with wifi built in

Isn't BBC FTA? Won't be affected by Sly's new process.

I replaced all the capacitors in the power supply + new HDD some years back.
It was OK then.
Then sky gave me a replacement drx890.

The capacitors look to be OK (no bulging tops).
I've noticed some other (SD) channels are also beginning to display No satellite signal received, so I'm thinking could the power supply be faulty again.

I tried to scan for BBC 1HD manually but there was no option to select symbol rate of 23000, only 22000 & 27500.

I would still like to know if any one is having problem with the BBC HD channels.

Does it pick up the SD channels on the same txp you scanned for HD?

Isn't BBC FTA? Won't be affected by Sly's new process.

Couldn't get bbc3 hd on mine but can get all in sd before box was swapped

It's something to do with the epg version and how the new software processes the channels to clear them.

Couldn't get bbc3 hd on mine but can get all in sd before box was swapped

It's something to do with the epg version and how the new software processes the channels to clear them.

This 8215 was just a spare old box that was upgraded by the new drx890 by sky for free couple years back.
I was going to use 8215 for the back room with a new led telly I bought.

I read on skyepginfo site that sky were not updating the firmware for the 8215 & "Sky has stated that Thomson Sky+HD boxes may not be able to receive HD channels in the future therefore users of these boxes are strongly advised to upgrade".

But it seems weird that I'm not getting Pick & challenge a few other sd chans on this box as well..
I can get all the BBC & quite a few other sd channels + C4HD RT.

Does it pick up the SD channels on the same txp you scanned for HD?

I only tried BBC1 HD, but could not scan for this as it is has symbol rate of 23000, there was no choice to select this on this freqeuncy.

I don't have a card for this box.
This box is not subbed any more as it was replaced with the 890 & the card was paired with that.

the lead going into tuner 1, or input 1 i think it is on sky box, follow it out to dish and swap it into a spare output on lnb if there is 1, its not uncommon for an lnb fault to cause missing channels, for that matter its probably the same thing to swap them at back of box

the lead going into tuner 1, or input 1 i think it is on sky box, follow it out to dish and swap it into a spare output on lnb if there is 1, its not uncommon for an lnb fault to cause missing channels, for that matter its probably the same thing to swap them at back of box

I've got an Octo 8 port lnb with 8 cables running down, so I have tried the other cables as well.

Try LNB reset:
Services > 001 > Select
LNB setup
LNB Power Supply = Off
22Khz command = Off
Save new settings.

Reboot box and turn back on you will get searching for listings, then just do same to turn back on or press Red to restore defaults and save settings

Back