Sensible Topic Satellite system being paid for ?

Manse

Inactive User
Reaction score
There is an Iraqi family 5 doors from me who have had a huge dish erected on the house few days ago and i was talking to one of their kids who mentioned that because the mother cannot speak a word of English the government have paid for it so they can watch Iraqi tv in their native tongue, Father is back in Iraq helping build a family home for them to move back to.
Anyone know if these things are paid for or just winding us up because it aint the normal sly dish.
please don't turn it into a rant.

There is an Iraqi family 5 doors from me who have had a huge dish erected on the house few days ago and i was talking to one of their kids who mentioned that because the mother cannot speak a word of English the government have paid for it so they can watch Iraqi tv in their native tongue, Father is back in Iraq helping build a family home for them to move back to.
Anyone know if these things are paid for or just winding us up because it aint the normal sly dish.
please don't turn it into a rant.

Doing a quick look around i cant find any info if the UK government do pay for immigrants TV or not?But i shall keep searching and if i find anything i will post it up.

Never heard of that before but could just be on a Local Council basis discretion, I do know they can have a Larger than normal dish without planning permission as every person has a right to view there national TV or something to that affect

lol i think the kid is having you on mate.
i know our government is a bit on the bellend side but even i cant see them paying for satellite. unless there is a corrupt iraqi local mp who they have approached.

There is a family a few doors down for my mothers house, they moved in about 5 years ago. They are Nigerian and had been in London for 3 years i think he said it was. He was given a £16,000 grant to move NORTH from the council in London. When that can happen then why should it stop there? might aswell add a new satellite system, a few mobile phones and traveling expenses. Or maybe another grant for a car.

So does it really surprise you?

When you live in the inner city you see it all, liebours lagacy.......

He might be having us on but , he's 16 drives the family around in 1 of the 2 cars on drive, even though he's been reported by neighbors (he says he can back home so its fine) nothing ever gets done about it.
On the positive side they am one of the quietest family's in the street compared to the native scumbag family that moved in few months back lol

"he says he can back home so its fine"

And therein lies one of the biggest problems we have with many of the recent migrants, we get told about creating harmony and helping people to integrate but it always seems to be that we are the ones who should change.
Well, if you were to stay in my house then I would expect you to abide by my rules and standards and likewise if I were to stay in your house then I would expect to have to abide by your rules and standards, and as that rule seems to apply to most other countries why does it not appear to be the case here ?

Cos we got a bunch of spineless tossers running the show. lol

Or because we're trying to make good for all the bad "the british empire" did over the past god know's how many decades invading various countries.. Like the Australians did with the Aboriginals and like the Americans did with the (dunno what the special name is) Indians.

I totally agree (although going off topic) why do we bend over backwards to change our way of living yet other countries and quite fairly say if you don't want to live like us don't live with us.

Or because we're trying to make good for all the bad "the british empire" did over the past god know's how many decades invading various countries.. Like the Australians did with the Aboriginals and like the Americans did with the (dunno what the special name is) Indians.

They can't use that old chestnut lol, every nation has been persecuted by their neighbors at one time or another. What happened in the past, stays in the past. I'm not going to be making amends for crimes and misdemeanors that my ancestors committed. The people concerned are long gone, so it should be just forgotten about. :)

Sorry @MH but I have to have my say on here lol. Lets look at this in a different light. If British people went to different countries demanding this, that, and the other you would be sent back on the next boat. So the question is why does this Government give in to these people??. We owe them due to past wars/religion ect?? bullshite that was then this is now. A lot of Countries now tell you not to even bother trying to move there unless you have x amount of pounds in the bank and a job lined up ready and waiting. No free tv's, sly or anything for that matter. It is this soft Country that welcomes every man, woman and his dog here and it needs sorting out now.

Last edited by a moderator:
@miggy WTF are you on about, this is my first post here!

TT
It seems every time I put something in this fecking sensible room you always take it off. That is what I am fecking on about. It thought I would give your itchy fingers some prior warning this time.;)

@miggy I think you better wind your neck in as for 1 have not deleted any posts in here, and from looking at the logs no one else has either!

Are you sure you actually pressed the submit button when you typed your post out?

TT

The father is back in Iraq building a new family home for them all to move back to! the Govmt paid for their national tv service to make them feel more home sick, in case they changed their minds about going home lol...

Back