McDonald's (Salt)

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a little bit of a anti salt freak lol I do have it but in moderation
anyway
I always ask for no salt on my fries as McDonald's use way too much for my liking, every time they put new fries in the tray they salt them (Yuk)

so all good I ask for no salt on fires :)

last few times I thought the Big Mac is rather salty but didn't take too much notice until I took the top bun off to remove the gherkin and see the burger was covered in salt :puke:

why the hell do you salt a burger lol I would imagine the burger has been seasoned when it was made so why the need to season during cooking too ??

I had one today and I took a picture lol yep more salt!!! you think this is on 2 burgers :grrrr:

Attachments

• Big Mac added salt.jpg
    Big Mac added salt.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 58
I probably have 2 Mcdonald's a year !
The other night the mrs fancied a crispy chicken and bacon salad .
I drove to Mcdonald's ordered her salad and a double cheese burger for me and a large and small fries.
Got home and guess what ? no burger in the bag !!

the salt hides the amonia they use to wash the burger meat.

This reminds me of a big mac i bought in barkingside - i took a bite and nearly threw up. There was a THICK layer of salt on the burger (it looked like the lid had fallen off the shaker and all the salt covered the burgar). I threw the whole meal away and complained though thier website (even the drink as i felt so sick). They sent me though a voucher for £5 which didnt even cover the cost of the meal let alone the cost of fuel from my workplace to get the meal.
I gave the voucher away and have never touched mc d's since.
there is no excuse to apply so much salt on ANYTHING, they used to have salt sachets on the counter so you could apply more, id rather they give you the option.

I don't think salt should be a major concern ( we all have our own opinions ;) ) after all we are the only animal on the planet to sweat it out :)

worry more about sugar and cut as much of that out of your diet as possible...

and as said before.. why you eating that crap for lol

and I eat a lot of crap but not that crap stuff lol

when I worked there in the late 90's the patties were salted during cooking, don't know if that has changed. I don't think they are salted at manufacturing.

I decided to contact McDonald and ask about there salty patties
there response was
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
lol think I will walk past Mcdonalds in future tbh

KFC and Bruger King do not salt there fries and leave to to the consumer to decides with the option of salt sachets
Mcdonalds still offer salt sachets and heavily salt lol

McDonalds is disgraceful food ... not fit for human consumption in general!!!

Forget the link but I am sure you will find in google....

Reports have shown that the average big Mac contains meat from usually over 1000 cows in one burger..... McDonalds have also confirmed it to be true !!!! (but tried to justify)

WTF

I,m always amazed in the amount of sugar in foods you'd never expect to have sugar. They put it in everything, probably with it being addictive.

In the last decade I've had 1 McDonalds meal. It was in a place just outside of LeMons in France. It was fully licenced and your meal came on proper plates with a proper knife and fork. Apparently there are a lot of these McDonalds restauraunts in France. unlike the usual place you get over hear.

We have family in the USA and they say McDonalds over there is also nothing like over here, unless you go to the usual tourist places. We ate in several places over there this Christmas, but not mcDonalds, my fav was the Stake 'n' Shake with In-and-Out a close second for burgers.

Why you eating such crap is the question lol.

I am with @manic01 lol, wtf you doing in that shit hole.

I mean if you said you was drunk I can understand, shit happens lol.

Nasty food, even their chicken salad is rotten!

Mick

Last edited:
ummm burger-king whopper..so much better than McDonald.Still not so healthy but sure tastes good....
Have you tried the mcmiserable meal from mcdonalds..flat coke,cold burger and soggy chips

Burger King is much better in my opinion, not much of a fries fan but the ones you get there are far superior to the soggy salt magnets you get in McD's. My opinion so please no barrage.

Back