Q5 HD PVR DVB-C HD receiver

davel

Inactive User
Reaction score
Any thoughts/info on this box off fleabay for about £60

You can get them for £50 mate if you are interested. That is cheaper than I bought mine from China!

Bit of info i found

Known issues with all Q5 HD PVR box are that the hdmi to hdmi does not work on 2 televisions SONY and PANASONIC. So if you have any of the following tv's where you have picture but no sound please buy a rca5 to hdmi cable as that will work on all tv's.

anybody know how to read the line in them

Do you mean enter the line? stick it on a usb (notepad) > menu > settings > upgrade sw> server > load url from usb > reboot

or blue button on remote then enter details manually > green button to save

No I need line details its preloaded with year sub

From a seller

NOTE
Known issues with all Q5 HD PVR box are that the hdmi to hdmi does not work on 2 televisions SONY and PANASONIC. So if you have any of the following tv's where you have picture but no sound please buy a rca5 to hdmi cable as that will work on all tv's.

No I need line details its preloaded with year sub

See what you mean mate. I think the server address and password details are encrypted when you save so see the problem. Take it whoever you bought it from hasnt given you it and you have asked?

This is a fairly good quality box for the money but tbh picture quality is not on par with a DM800c

I've done a load of these and had no Tuner issues. Amiko I had issues and others but the Q5 is pretty good for the money.

Agreed mate - aint heard of anyone with tuner problems but dare say there will be someone somewhere. If its simply plug and play you are after these are much better than amikos imho.

Just got one of these, set up was easy does the job good value for money, just need to sort channels

Hi guys I have tried the channel editor and it doesn't bring across the channel names which is a bit pants, also trying to organise favourites via remote, I cannot see all of the favourites bouquette only the first few ie Virgin, entertainment sport then it just toggles between them missing movies etc any ideas ?

Hi did you get hold of any tuts on this box as I would like some as well

Hi all could someone point me in the right direction to the best GIFT shop for the q5, many thanks

Back