Thread: Unlocking Tesco Mobile Phones ?

Forum: Mobile Unlocking

Hi all, A friend of mine has bought a Tesco mobile phone for some one for xmas and they were wondering if its possible to unlock Tesco mobile phones to use on any network. I checked at Tesco today and it states on the adverts that all the Tesco Mobiles are locked to Tesco Mobile Tarrif etc. Does anyone know if its possible to unlock a Tesco Mobile Phone ? The phone is a Nokia 3110. If its possible i might get myself one for xmas. Cheers DGC808

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Unlocking Tesco Mobile Phones ?

Hi all, A friend of mine has bought a Tesco mobile phone for some one for xmas and they were wondering if its possible to unlock Tesco mobile phones to use on any network. I checked at Tesco today and it states on the adverts that all the Tesco Mobiles are locked to Tesco Mobile Tarrif etc. Does anyone know if its possible to unlock a Tesco Mobile Phone ? The phone is a Nokia 3110.
    If its possible i might get myself one for xmas.
    Cheers DGC808

DW Respected Member Blartiartfast's Avatar
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it can, but it's a BB5. Basically it's one of the harder ones to unlock as it needs taking apart to unlock it. Price depending on where in the country you are varies between 10 and 30.

Inactive User
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blartiartfast View Post
    Yes it can, but it's a BB5. Basically it's one of the harder ones to unlock as it needs taking apart to unlock it. Price depending on where in the country you are varies between 10 and 30.
    You could always see :

hxxp://www.tesco.com/mobilenetwork/help/?page=anothersim

"If you wish to use your Tesco Mobile handset on another network, you will need to arrange for it to be unlocked. Please contact Customer Care on 0845 301 4455 (Up to 4p per minute from a BT landline. Other providers vary. Calls may be recorded.) who will request an unlocking code for your handset as long as you have topped-up by 30 or more in the time you've had the phone. It takes approximately 28 days for us to receive the code, and we will then contact you and advise you how to enter it into the phone. It can be useful to switch between networks when there is poor network coverage where you are. This can be particularly useful when travelling."

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Unlocking Tesco Mobile Phones ?

Quote Originally Posted by ju_ View Post
    You could always see :

hxxp://www.tesco.com/mobilenetwork/help/?page=anothersim

"If you wish to use your Tesco Mobile handset on another network, you will need to arrange for it to be unlocked. Please contact Customer Care on 0845 301 4455 (Up to 4p per minute from a BT landline. Other providers vary. Calls may be recorded.) who will request an unlocking code for your handset as long as you have topped-up by 30 or more in the time you've had the phone. It takes approximately 28 days for us to receive the code, and we will then contact you and advise you how to enter it into the phone. It can be useful to switch between networks when there is poor network coverage where you are. This can be particularly useful when travelling."
    that seems like ur best bet coz its not actually costing anything then, nice post mate, didnt know they done that!

DW Respected Member Blartiartfast's Avatar
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.. They were the days.. In the (almost) 3 years this was originally posted, the 3110's, etc have fallen to 5 - 10 depending on where you live.

Just a quickie, cos we have several people a day suggesting that Tesco / 3 are harder to unlock (no one in this topic has, but it is a biggy). Nothing different is done to unlock a 3 phone as opposed to the same model on Orange, etc.
    If the unlock shop tries this one, then they are either "trying it on", or have no idea what they are on about.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha i didnt notice it was from 3 year ago, lol!!!!!