best iptv soloution for south of france/algarve

theblueirish

Inactive User
Reaction score
Any recomendations for an iptv system for two expats that have lost bbc ect.

I am trying a rasp pi but its slow and i don't think they could put up with it.

Ideally looking for bbc channels and sport if possible.

I read somewhere that 27w is only temporary, wouldnt want to fork out for new dish/installation for it to go bang.

could run xbmc expattv bbc etc fine

is it for a holiday flat or full time , lappy with hdmi ot if for holiday flat . full time would be a media pc

@alimac looking into this now

@ turner, the one for france is full time, algarve is about ten holidays a year.

@ maniac knowing my luck i would advise them to put a dish up at 27w and it would move next day.

thanks to all

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 27.5 west, BBC iPlayer etc on a PS3 and also IPTV on a MINIX x7 (filmon via xbmc add on) or full SGY Sports, movies etc if you are prepared to pay.

@alimac looking into this now

@ turner, the one for france is full time, algarve is about ten holidays a year.

@ maniac knowing my luck i would advise them to put a dish up at 27w and it would move next day.

thanks to all

Does the Algarve property have a decent internet speed? Thousands of Brits are now streaming TV & the ONE cable from the main server in Lisbon to the Algarve is creaking under the strain- everyone's speed is affected during peak viewing hours.

We've the same problem down here in Munich.
I use a SKY sub plus on-demand catchup connected via a VPN router and Now TV boxes on kids tv's.
No live BBC/ITV but good enough a day later.
Filmon is poor quality and not too reliable for me (11.5mb downspeed).

What sort of box is this ?

Low Cost Expat IPTV Internet Live UK TV Channels with 7 Day Catch Up | eBay

You can use smartdnsproxy for the geo ip issue. Its free. So once you can get a box .... you could get a humax hdr 1000 and it has a epg for catchup but .... its pricey.

This box is very much like the dozens of similar offerings being touted around here & Spain. In reality, 2Mb broadband is a tall order in many households, especially in rural areas (of which there are many) and at peak viewing times when the already limited bandwidth is at breaking point.

Mag 250 with iptv sub, gets all the best U.K stuff including bbc,itv and also the Movies and Sports

Back