Travel money advice please

earthshayker

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm traveling to Florida for a couple of week next month and I'm looking for the best/safest method to carrying spending money.

I know both my wife and daughter will be looking to do some shopping for clothes/handbags/shoes.......well I'm sure you get my drift lol

Is it best to just carry cash? I guess I'll lose out on any unspent money when I try to convert back to sterling though

Any ideas?

Thanks

I would suggest taking a mixture- some cash, some cards & don't forget the good ole travellers cheques. And be careful if using cards, I had mine skimmed while I was there a few years back, didn't cost me anything in the end, just a bit of aggro with MBNA.

I would suggest taking a mixture- some cash, some cards & don't forget the good ole travellers cheques. And be careful if using cards, I had mine skimmed while I was there a few years back, didn't cost me anything in the end, just a bit of aggro with MBNA.

Thanks mate, i've never used travellers cheques before. Actually I only ever go back home for holidays and have a bank account there that I use. I made a deal with my 12 year old daughter that if she improved her grades to 1s only, I would take her to Disney Land. Problem is I didn't say France and when we got the report card, she handed us a brochure for Disney Land Florida!!

i like caxtonfx currency card topup when you want got an dollar and eurocard aswell think there rates are good but minimum $200 dollar topup

I use ice travel card that's preloaded with funds
you get 2 cards incase one it lost and minimum loading on first transaction is £50 then what ever you want .
https://www.iceplc.com

ye its one of the only ones that give you free cash at machine. this is not all machines but the ones on the bank walls
as most are private terminals and charge but I never had a problem finding a free one in us

Back