DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever wondered what happens to Currys, Comet, Argos Internet sales returns?

Many items purchased from Currys' Comet & Argos are returned sometimes used but quite often unused as people simply change there minds when the item is delivered for reasons such as "it dont look the same as it did in the picture on the net" etc..

Well I found myself asking what do the do with these returned goods? surely the cant scrap em cos most of the time the goods are brand new & in full working order. So I found myself searching about on the net (as you do) & I discovered that all the above have special sites where they auction returned goods. The Agros site only sell in bulk but the Comet & Currys Sites auction single items, some with no reserve set.

If the goods are in anyway damaged, they will tell you exactly what the damage is, also make note of the delivery charge then its up to you to set the price you would pay taking this info into consideration. I bought a Stainless Steel Kenwood Dishwasher for 70 that reported multiple dents on front but when it arrived, it didn't have a mark on it. You can even purchase seperate extended warrenties on the goods, if you, Like I dont find the 6 month stantdard warrenty good enough.

Anyways the Comet site is http://www.clearance-comet.co.uk/ Argos https://www.argosclearance.co.uk/default.aspx currys site is currently closed for a revamp but here's the addy anyway https://www.currysauction.co.uk/browse.asp

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ever wondered what happens to Currys, Comet, Argos Internet sales returns?

Have some rep m8, good find
    The lord's my shepherd, I'll not want, He makes me down to lie, In pastures green, He leadeth me, The quiet waters by, THE WEST BROM! THE WEST BROM!

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good post. Bookmarked thanks

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice one.forgot these exsisted. rep added
    Driving.M.A.N otherwise known as a mean and nasty

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice one mate some interesting stuff

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold on let me get this stright.. a guy walks into commets.. looks at the name ''PROLINE PLC55FFS 8.9 CU.FT CAPACITY FROST FREE FRIDGE FREEZER'' and looks at a fridge.. takes it home.. then gets home and turns it on, to then realise that their fridge dosent have cable and a 22'' LCD tv, a self serving maid and a popcorn maker?! WTF?! how can you just pop it back in the car and return it LOL!?!?!

But other than that a great find! im deff going to use it!!!.

Also just seen this lol >>

DW Cash
    Trophies
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by a10rew View Post
    Hold on let me get this stright.. a guy walks into commets.. [snip]
    Not necessarily...

These are internet returns under the (statutory) return-7-days-after-delivery-for-full-refund-under-DSTR items.

You do not get this ability 'in store', any 'no quibble' guarantee (e.g. Argos's 28days money back guarantee) is an extension of your statutory rights on top of the Sale of Goods Act.

Those looking for single items from Argos rather than bulk would be best checking out their ebay shop: eBay UK Shop - Clearance Bargains: Audio MP3 Players, Digital Cameras, Laptop

For info on IPTV hardware, software and even EPL streams... visit our IPTV sections.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Known about this for a few years, had various results...

Argos on eBay = Sold me a PSP Go! (GPS system), never recieved it, had to make a PayPal claim to get my money back.

Comets Website = the Auction for a 42" LCD TV actually ended up more costly than the store retail price!

Curry's Website = Got a Hotpoint Aquarius 110 cheaper than instore, machine was in pristine condition.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have got an Argos clearance warehouse in our town ,that sells returned goods and stuff thats no longer in the catalogue at silly prices . They rented the warehouse for a month in January 2006 to sell off the xmas stock and it was such a success it's been going ever since .
    It's in Corby Northants if your ever passing this way
    who was the first person to say,"See that chicken there....Im gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mate was going to bid on a Sony Micro system on the Comet one and they were charging 30 delivery.. feck that.

"May I truly be happy and free from all suffering"
    ~

Page 1 of 2 12 Last