DM800se HD triple tuner

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody got one? thinking of using it to get hd channels back, has anyone used it and got it going. my only concerns with cable boxes is the channel lists . is there an automatic bouquet for them or do u still need to constantly ftp them?

When you talk about a triple tuner is that a USB thing, or is there a new box that has 3 tuners, or a module?

Interesting topic :)

Mick

@bobby123 Can you PM me the site where to get one m8, need to read up on this :)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
i've had one for 2 years and yes the tuner can be fussy but mine working no probs, posted image backup on forum somewhere

satellite / cable / Terrestrial

No good for recording satellite though and watching another?

Where are all these purchased, china I am guessing?

Regards
Mick

No good for recording satellite though and watching another?

Where are all these purchased, china I am guessing?

Regards
Mick

Developed in china yeah sim 2 team.

Only one format at a time can be used. So it wont record and watch one unfortunately.

If you use a standalone S/T/ or C tuner and compare it with the triple its a very poor relation.

Providing your have not got a weak incoming signal or are chasing feeds on a weak transponder they work.

Can you switch between channels though, say watching freeview ITV then switch over to Cable ITV / SKY ITV etc...

Regards
Mick

The Triple tuner (Sunray SR4) works fine when you get it up and running but what a pain to get set up.
It is great though being able to simply change channels between satellite and cable channels (HD in particular).

I'm sure there are other boxes that can do this but I do like the flexibility of E2 boxes.

Can you switch between channels though, say watching freeview ITV then switch over to Cable ITV / SKY ITV etc...

Regards
Mick

You can, but using the only driver that works with qam 256 (uk cable) there is a bug that sometimes will tell you that the 'sid isnt found in pat' basically meaning there isnt a channel on that frequency, so sometimes you have to flick to another channel then back again for that particular channel to work, its only a minor annoyance, but still an annoyance. This is on Pli. i'm told the tuner works better with blackhole images but I never found one that worked properly.

Guy's I am trying to set up m sr4 and yeh I am getting absolutely nowhere regards scanning for cable, I have been at it for 3 day's now, reading a lot from many different forums and there is a lot of info. It would be great if someone could point me to a working pli sim2 image so I can see where and how the satellites/cables.xml files are setup, as I read something abu mentioned about mixing the files and tricking the stb as the tuners are actually sat tuners
I am running PLI4 with 84bl by voyger and I have tried many different settings with no luck
My netid is 41060 freq 666.750 symbol rate 6.952 is this correct for Rochdale?

can be a nightmare to figure mate

if you give more info as to image used someone maybe be able to help you

can be a nightmare to figure mate

if you give more info as to image used someone maybe be able to help you

power-sat-PLI4-sanray4-ssl84d-trial-tuner-by-voyger

power-sat-PLI4-sanray4-ssl84d-trial-tuner-by-voyger

last update from OpenPLi-4.0-beta-dm800se-2013-12-10

I have tried scanning using cable uk and bruteforce but no luck

old image to start with

would say need newer plus am sure someone will advise you

Back