Thread: web-x-tv vlc streamts fix for D500

Forum: Dreambox Receivers (all models)

I have been playing with web-x-tv to watch TV from my dreambox on my PC. I couldn't get it working at first as I had vlc 9, once I downgraded to vlc 0.8.6i from Index of /pub/video

Inactive User
    DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

web-x-tv vlc streamts fix for D500

I have been playing with web-x-tv to watch TV from my dreambox on my PC. I couldn't get it working at first as I had vlc 9, once I downgraded to vlc 0.8.6i from Index of /pub/videolan/vlc/ I got it working. Only through web-x-tv though, the direct vlc button doesn't work. Anyway the picture was badly displayed and unwatchable most of the time.

I did some investigations and found this web page Dreambox Web-X-TV streaming fix where a guy is selling a fix for dreambox's at 10 Euros which should solve this problem.

A bit more searching and found this page:
    Translated version of http://www.novisf.com/wbb3/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5522:

On there some guy has a similar fix and has attached it. He also put it on his web site at http://traxme.net/streamts.zip I've also attached it in case it goes missing.

Here at the instructions from the web site about how to install:

Zip includes streamts and inetd.conf.

Instructions for installing:

1) Copy streamts in / var / bin /
    2) Copy inetd.conf in / var / etc /
    3) Telnet box
    4) chmod 755 / var / bin / streamts

5) ps
    6) kill <pid for inetd> (use pid shows that ps)
    7) inetd / var / etc / inetd.conf

Steps 5,6 and 7 must be repeated after each reboot.
    This has made web-x-tv usable for me. I still have to close web-x-tv and reopen it when I change channels, but at least it works.

Unfortunately I have to retpe in the commands everytime I reboot the dreambox to manually load the fix.

Next step is to get this to run automatically each time I reboot and also try to get my hands on Ridaxs streamts. I'd also like to get it working directly through vlc.

I can't be the first person to notice these problems, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear.

Attached Files Attached Files

DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: web-x-tv vlc streamts fix for D500

The PLi team have had a fix for the streaming problems in their images fro the last few releases.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyPeteza View Post
    I have been playing with web-x-tv to watch TV from my dreambox on my PC. I couldn't get it working at first as I had vlc 9, once I downgraded to vlc 0.8.6i from Index of /pub/videolan/vlc/ I got it working. Only through web-x-tv though, the direct vlc button doesn't work. Anyway the picture was badly displayed and unwatchable most of the time.

I did some investigations and found this web page Dreambox Web-X-TV streaming fix where a guy is selling a fix for dreambox's at 10 Euros which should solve this problem.

A bit more searching and found this page:
    Translated version of http://www.novisf.com/wbb3/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5522:

On there some guy has a similar fix and has attached it. He also put it on his web site at http://traxme.net/streamts.zip I've also attached it in case it goes missing.

Here at the instructions from the web site about how to install:

This has made web-x-tv usable for me. I still have to close web-x-tv and reopen it when I change channels, but at least it works.

Unfortunately I have to retpe in the commands everytime I reboot the dreambox to manually load the fix.

Next step is to get this to run automatically each time I reboot and also try to get my hands on Ridaxs streamts. I'd also like to get it working directly through vlc.

I can't be the first person to notice these problems, so if anyone has any suggestions I'd like to hear.

Thanks mate, I'll add this to my Nabilosat image. Currently I use an alternatove method of streaming but I'd much rather have VLC doing it properly as it's my main media player on the PC.

DW Senior Member
    DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyPeteza View Post

With most images they call a file called init from /var/etc on bootup
    you can put the lines into that 5,6,7 to try

It depends where in the /etc/Rcs file the /var/etc/init it is called though as it may call it before.
    If you have a linux distro I can tell you how to extract the squashfs and redo it so these are the default settings.

Inactive User
    DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info, I might give the pli image a try, maybe steal their streamts and put it in dw if it's compatible.

I'd be interested to hear how to use squashfs for a more permanent solution. I'm used to unix, but I'm no expert.

DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Scuse me for being thick, (it is V late here! ) but I'm stumped at numbers 5 and 6...?

Just Registered
    DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stream work nice,without problem with Open PLI only.With Gemini and other images problems always stay.
    I try Open PLI and Dreamstream - work perfect.With Open PLI Dreamstrem is solution,not Web X Tv.