After 4 monthes certain channels freeze for about 6 or 7 seconds

aftermath

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

i am sure this will have been asked before, but i am sure each case is different.I bought a dreambox about 5 monthes back (original ), ive checked the security holograms with the tutorials on this forum.
My box after about 4 months freezes for between 6 and 10 seconds then comes back on, and every few minutes but only on the discovery / UK gold channels.The rest seem ok.

ive tried changing the cams over and ive tried changing the Tuners from alt to new to old.

Still the box freezes.

I even fitted a 3db attenuator , this made no difference, and made sure the fittment of the aeriel lead was correctly pushed in.

I am using DW 1.6.2, live in the north east

any help is appreciated !!!!!

get a booster...a nice cheap one that you can set the level on and add your attenuater to that...should boost the signal and the atten will clean the signal up. Maybe someone has subscribed in the street or you have been moved down the peg board....the discovery channels are usually the first to be effected i have found, but that prolly casue they are the ines i watch.

Cheers m8, i am going to b&q today ( thats if its open today) will get a signal booster.

just one other thing where is best to fit this, i would presume before the splitter from the wall , end of cable fit attenuator, then signal booster, then splitter. ?

Is this correct. ?

yeah agreed with signal booster when it freezes does the snr ect change ?

can u press the info when the picture freezes ?
on the later DW images on the infobar along the top u will see the
SNR........AGC........BER
take a note of these when picture is good and when picture is frozen if u can

:)
mine is
SNR 95% AGC 46% BER 0

lol I see that :)

have u checked all ur connections are in tight ?
ur AGC is a little higher than mine but Im not 100% sure if thats a major factor

lol I see that :)

have u checked all ur connections are in tight ?
ur AGC is a little higher than mine but Im not 100% sure if thats a major factor

ive just re arranged the cables as, the cable one is a bit rigid , i bent it a bit, i will see if its made a difference, if not to you think i need a booster signal or do you think i will be wasting my time. :eater:

I see there is a simlar problem in the DBox section
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=126975

I have noticed myself recently that I get a slight jerk in the picture from time to time like the picture miss's a frame or something,very minor and dont bother me but seems to have only started happening the last week or so

I see there is a simlar problem in the DBox section
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=126975

I have noticed myself recently that I get a slight jerk in the picture from time to time like the picture miss's a frame or something,very minor and dont bother me but seems to have only started happening the last week or so

Very usefull bit of info that Mr Rat.

I had guessed that they might be doing upgrades or something in the area as i read some time ago this normally happens at weekends, that will speak for itself as its happening with the dbox 2.

I must add though after about 15 mins ago when i was fiddling with the cable, the box has not froze yet, but i am not counting my chickens just yet, will keep you informed.

If it does freeze again soon i will try one of those boosters,.

will keep you posted mate.

Thanks

:) yeah keep us updated m8 :)

can you post back if the booster fixes it? erm saves me buying one if it doesnt ;-)

mine starting freezing up and at first I thought it was the fact that the signal was poor so got a booster and still the same problem, so I thought it may have been an atmega fix problem before I inserted the card I switched the box off insterted the card switched it back on and it couldnt even tune back up again, eventually found out that the internal tuner of the box was the fault, so apart from the booster the internal tuner could be another possible fault.

Last edited:
mine starting freezing up and at first I thought it was the fact that the signal was poor so got a booster and still the same problem, so I thought it may have been an atmega fix problem before I inserted the card I switched the box off insterted the card switched it back on and it couldnt even tune back up again, eventually found out that the internal tuner of the box was the fault, so apart from the booster the internal tuner could be another possible fault.

Crossed wires here chief.Dreambox dont use an atmega.

Back