I do wish people would either use the search button, or at least check the last few posts... 2 people posted pretty much the exact same question the other day here and here
To stream from your PC to your dm800, download the VLC plugin and for your dm800, and the latest version of vlc for your pc. Again, to fond out exactly how to configure it, you can try google, or a quick search around here!!! However a brief guide to setting it up,
- Make VLC shortcut on your desktop
- Right click it, select properties
- add the following to target: --intf wxwin --extraintf=http
- You should end up with something like:- Run your shortcut (you may not see anything, as it usually runs in the background, but you can check in taskmanager)Code:Only members can view code.
- Config VLC plugin on you dm800...
Dont forget, your PC will transcode the media you choose to play, and then stream it to your dreambox, therefore your streaming quality will depend on how "beefy" your PC is!Configure your VLC plugin on your dreambox:
Server Address: put in ur address 192.168.x.x
HTTP Port: 08080 (Default)
Movie Directory: / (this will list all drives on your pc. you can of course be more specific).
DVD Device: didn't worry about
Transcode MPEG/DVD Video: YES
Video Codec: MPEG2
Video Bitrate: 2000 is default, play around with it untill ur happy with the resolution.
Video Resolution: Same deal, adjust untill you like the result
Everything else can stay default, only audio I've change to mp3 and that was it.