How Make Backup Of DM800 Clone

reni

DW Member +
Reaction score
does anyone know how too fully backup a dm800 clone into a NFI file

You can only really backup your settings. There is a function in the web gui (the one you activate at boot) to backup the image but its only for debug purposes.

To be honest if you use dreambox edit for your settings you can have the box up and running after you flashed in about 2mins, so a full backup is not really needed.

Si

where there's awill theres a way as they say up north ! :)

you must be able to create entire dump .. i have a script i got from another site (got link form this forum :) thanks ) but i dont know how to execute the shell script
i;ve atached the file i got from forum . so if any linux bods :p can help ??
and mods if its wrong can u delete the file

Last edited:
where there's awill theres a way as they say up north ! :)

you must be able to create entire dump .. i have a script i got from another site (got link form this forum :) thanks ) but i dont know how to execute the shell script
i;ve atached the file i got from forum . so if any linux bods :p can help ??
and mods if its wrong can u delete the file
extract to /hdd then telnet in and
cd /hdd/backup

then ./build-nfi-image.sh

itl then backup to /hdd u can edit the build-nfi-image and choose a location youself

also depending on what image u have u can also change the name of the script and place in /usr/script and be able to execute via the blue panel instead of telnet :)

cheers

osborne82

extract to /hdd then telnet in and
cd /hdd/backup

then ./build-nfi-image.sh

itl then backup to /hdd u can edit the build-nfi-image and choose a location youself

also depending on what image u have u can also change the name of the script and place in /usr/script and be able to execute via the blue panel instead of telnet :)

cheers

osborne82

Cheers M8 :)
I know there was way to do it !
will test as soon as wife stops watching House !

Mega Thanks :)

im using nabilosat .11

have u tried the script yourself ??

Why do you need to make a backup of an image that you already have?

Si

Why do you need to make a backup of an image that you already have?

Si

I would like to make an image of it that if i ever stuffed it up i could just flash it back all the settings / listings / config are there without any messing about. although im still working on getting vlc seeing my network :)

i used to do this with my tm9100 but everytime i went to use the backup i found there was a newer version of the image out, cant you just create a image as you normally would with the image itsself through the software update create backup without bootloader or dosent it work on this image?

i used to do this with my tm9100 but everytime i went to use the backup i found there was a newer version of the image out, cant you just create a image as you normally would with the image itsself through the software update create backup without bootloader or dosent it work on this image?

from what ive seen and used on this image it will backup my settings only which then i would have to restore
what im looking for is a complete image as i tend to fluff things up from time to time by messing and tinkering with things i probably shouldnt !

on other linux boxes ive used it backed up the whole image except the bootloader due to the option picked and it then saves it in /tmp ive had one image where it hasnt done this but that was due to the image installed having bugs has anyone tried it the way i described? cheers.

from what ive seen and used on this image it will backup my settings only which then i would have to restore
what im looking for is a complete image as i tend to fluff things up from time to time by messing and tinkering with things i probably shouldnt !

Although it can be done it is not worth doing, trust me its best to keep things seperate. What happens when the image corrupts or it just wont flash back you loose the lot.

Here is what you can do.

Download dreamboxedit and install it
Make a directory on your hard drive called something like 'My Channel list'
open dreamboxedit got 'options' enter your IP etc, select enigma2
then goto 'FTP' and browse to the 'my channel list' directory then click 'Recieve channels..'
Now you have your channel list backed up and you can edit it when transponders change then reupload it.

Does it take that long to enter the initial setup posistioner etc?

Download cams from addon menu then ftp over you backed up config..

Si

from the file i posted im getting this error when trying to make the image

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

anyone got any ideas pointers ?

'no space left on device' do you have enough space on the device?

Si

is the back up actually going on the hard drive and to a partition that has enough space left?

Si

What happens if you type.

./build-nfi-image.sh /media/hdd

or

./build-nfi-image.sh /media/hdd/backup

Si

Back