DM7025 has died

bkeane69

Inactive User
Reaction score
My dreambox 7025 died the other day

Turned it on and and on the OLE display 2 dots appeared and nothing else happened.

Tried to connect to serial cable and start from dreamup but nothing happened.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

I have a DM7020SI that has 2 vertical rectangle blocks which is a psu fault but i have no idea which part needs replacing so it might be the same for yours as well

I have a DM7020SI that has 2 vertical rectangle blocks which is a psu fault but i have no idea which part needs replacing so it might be the same for yours as well

Had dm7025+ as well. When that died I bought internal board for it but didn't fix it so now the second one is dead - pain in the behind
I think that the board of 7025+ is different than of the original 7025 so that will be of no use.

Have bought a clone of the dm800se so must install proper software for that. bad Chinese version on it at the moment.

I have good experience with DM800HDse clone boxes. First I had SIM 2.10.
I later bought new Sims A8p and replaced. After this the boxes, 5 in total, are running very good. Noone had any later failure and you can do updates like the original boxes.

I was convinced by an "expert" that the VU boxes are better, so my next box was a VU+ Solo2 clone box. Faster CPU and more memory was the key.
Unluckily it died after my upgrade of the image. It had to be repaired by replacing a chip and a big warning: Do not upgrade the image.

Back