Thread: Why is it so difficult to install a line in an Eagle receiver?

Forum: Dreambox DM500 & DM518 Support

Why is it so difficult to install a CCcam line into one of these receivers. I can using the remote install lines in S9, TM5402, Spiderbox 5000, 7000 and 9000 in about two minutes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Why is it so difficult to install a line in an Eagle receiver?

Why is it so difficult to install a CCcam line into one of these receivers. I can using the remote install lines in S9, TM5402, Spiderbox 5000, 7000 and 9000 in about two minutes.
    DM500 and Eagle I have NEVER got a line into and believe my I have tried.
    Does anyone have a guide in English that has a step by step approach to doing this?
    Can any one help?

DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Why is it so difficult to install a line in an Eagle receiver?

It would be easier to use an ftp client jimi,

But if using tuxbox commander:

navigate to var/etc/
    highlight the CCcam.cfg and press 4 to edit,
    this will then open up the cfg so you can either add a new line or edit an existing one by highlighting a line and presing the ok button,
    then just use the remotes keypad like normal to enter the details,

Hope that makes sense m8

DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks I will find that plugin and install it (groan). Then try try try again...

DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimihendrix View Post
    Thanks I will find that plugin and install it (groan). Then try try try again...
    Is there a reason you won't use ftp jimi?

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

DW Honored Member
    DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimi your eagle must be connected to the net. As Wiz says an ftp client will take seconds but if this helps give it a try.

1. Save your cline in a cfg file - use a spider one if that helps as long as its named CCcam.cfg

2. Open up windows explorer by holding down windows button in between ctrl and alt keys on keyboard (bottom left hand side) and pressing the "e" key

3. In the browser bar type in the ftp followed by box ip (i.e. ftp://192.168.1.2)

4. Then you will be prompted for the name and password (e.g. root and eagle or whatever they are).

5. Folders will now appear - double click on var, then same again on etc.

6. Now copy and paste your cccam.cfg file that you saved complete with cline and overwrite the file thats there.

7. Reboot box - job done.

Watch TV. Good luck mate.

DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help guys, my eagle is back in the box for a couple of days as I have a new receiver which has taken all of 30 minutes to get running.
    I will get it out at the weekend and follow all the advice given until either I get it working or put it on Ebay.
    In truth I hate to give up on anything but why oh why is Linux such a pain, if I had to take my cars gear box apart and rebuild it every time I wanted to change gears then I'd rather walk.
    Although Linux based receivers have advantages the sheer number of steps involved in getting them operational and the knowledge needed to carry out those steps must severely limit the number of users.
    I will get this receiver working then I will write a clear guide on how to do it for other members like me.

VIP Member
    DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eagle/DM500 clone is NOT at all difficult to setup for a C-Line....it's very simple...

1. Install image using serial null modem and dream up, or over ethernet worst case scenario 15 minutes with serial null modem.
    2. Once image installed connect box to your LAN, use image built in download server and download softcam of your choice. 5 minutes or less
    3. Use FTP client e.g: Filezilla from you PC conenct to the IP address of your reciever and place your c-line in cam config file in /var/etc. 5 minutes or less.

I can easily do the above in 25 - 30 minutes or less from a freshly boxed reciever, including transferring latest bouquets across. Even faster on a DM800HD which will flash an image directly across the network.

If you already have an image installed, then even faster no more than 10 minutes if you work slowly.

DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gsmtech View Post
    Eagle/DM500 clone is NOT at all difficult to setup for a C-Line....it's very simple...

1. Install image using serial null modem and dream up, or over ethernet worst case scenario 15 minutes with serial null modem.
    2. Once image installed connect box to your LAN, use image built in download server and download softcam of your choice. 5 minutes or less
    3. Use FTP client e.g: Filezilla from you PC conenct to the IP address of your reciever and place your c-line in cam config file in /var/etc. 5 minutes or less.

I can easily do the above in 25 - 30 minutes or less from a freshly boxed reciever, including transferring latest bouquets across. Even faster on a DM800HD which will flash an image directly across the network.

If you already have an image installed, then even faster no more than 10 minutes if you work slowly.
    I believe you 100% but your post illustrates what I said originally, you can get one working in 25~30 minutes. I can take a TM5402CI or Spiderbox 5000/7000/9000 and have it installed and connected to a server with a channel list installed in 8 minutes. So why is LINUX so complicated?, why the endless steps and why three programmes to get it going?
    It simply does not make sense to manufacture a receiver this way when it's possible to do it so easily with other receivers.
    Good luck to all that live and breath LINUX but for me it's total gibberish.

DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimihendrix View Post
    I will get this receiver working then I will write a clear guide on how to do it for other members like me.
    Thats the problem jimi I dont think there is any other members like you

Sorry m8 complete piss take but you did leave yoursef open lol

DW Cash
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wiz569 View Post
    Thats the problem jimi I dont think there is any other members like you

Sorry m8 complete piss take but you did leave yoursef open lol
    Well you could be right only time will tell...but I still believe that LINUX is totally user unfriendly.
    And the fact I can install NON LINUX receivers and get them running on a server in 8 minutes shows just how uncomplicated things can (and should) be.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast