Thread: TM 5402 M2 and Al Jazeera Sports Card

Forum: CAMS / CARDS / PROGRAMMERS

Hi, all: I've recently renewed my AJS card (viaccess). It worked immediately with my Fonestar 580 HD and Spiderbox 9900 HD, but I can't get it to work (inserting using all positions) on my TM 5402 M2 (currently running 1.02p software) The "Smart Card" section of the Menu reveals that the card is valid, but then gets hung up on Authentications/Authorizations. Elsewhere in the forum I've read that this receiver being Conax embedded could be the culprit. If so, has anyone found a work-around?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DW Newbie
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TM 5402 M2 and Al Jazeera Sports Card

Hi, all: I've recently renewed my AJS card (viaccess). It worked immediately with my Fonestar 580 HD and Spiderbox 9900 HD, but I can't get it to work (inserting using all positions) on my TM 5402 M2 (currently running 1.02p software) The "Smart Card" section of the Menu reveals that the card is valid, but then gets hung up on Authentications/Authorizations.

Elsewhere in the forum I've read that this receiver being Conax embedded could be the culprit. If so, has anyone found a work-around?

Thanks in advance.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: TM 5402 M2 and Al Jazeera Sports Card

Once patched the Reader becomes Multicrypt so should work no problem

DW Newbie
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, digi247. I guess I'll have to wait until the next patch and see what happens, although with the present patch (1.02p) the Multicrypt should have kicked in.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobo40 View Post
    Thanks, digi247. I guess I'll have to wait until the next patch and see what happens, although with the present patch (1.02p) the Multicrypt should have kicked in.
    it should work on 102P, if it doesnt try reverting back to an older patch. regards mdt
    TECHNOMATE F3/5, FAMAVAL 1.1M OFF-SET DISH, STAB 120 USALS, IBU ,55 EAST to 45 WEST

DW Newbie
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revisiting this thread, I might have to contact the merchant that renewed my subscription. The latter allows me to view AJS 1+ to 8+ (on several satellites, using Viaccess) and with this renewal I added the cluster of American sports channels available only on Nilesat at 12.476 V 27500. The card provides both aspects on the Spiderbox and the Fonestar, but on the TM-5402 HD M2 only the 1+ to the 8+ channels open, not those of he Nilesat cluster.

Strange indeed. If I find a solution to this I`ll post again. Thanks to those who offered suggestions.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revisiting this thread, I might have to contact the merchant that renewed my subscription. The latter allows me to view AJS 1+ to 8+ (on several satellites, using Viaccess) and with this renewal I added the cluster of American sports channels available only on Nilesat at 12.476 V 27500. The card provides both aspects on the Spiderbox and the Fonestar, but on the TM-5402 HD M2 only the 1+ to the 8+ channels open, not those of he Nilesat cluster.

Strange indeed. If I find a solution to this I`ll post again. Thanks to those who offered suggestions.
    if its working in the spiderbox and fonestar then the card is indeed fine and has its entitlements up to date.. seems theres are problem with the TM5402HD M2 patch. id go on the t********* community forum and post your problem to @phantom to see what he says,regards mdt
    TECHNOMATE F3/5, FAMAVAL 1.1M OFF-SET DISH, STAB 120 USALS, IBU ,55 EAST to 45 WEST

DW Newbie
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many thanks, mdt, for your suggestion, which I will certainly follow up if the situation doesn't resolve itself soon. What's giving me reason to pause is that the impending changes to the ownership of ESPN America might have a hand in this. At present, of the Nilesat channels of NBA, ESPN, ESPN Classic, ESPN America and FOX Sports, only the first and last open with the AJS card. The others have a screen with the typical vertical colour lines used to indicate no transmission and that is the same situation using the Spiderbox, the TM and the Fonestar.

I guess some patience is called for here. Thanks again.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many thanks, mdt, for your suggestion, which I will certainly follow up if the situation doesn't resolve itself soon. What's giving me reason to pause is that the impending changes to the ownership of ESPN America might have a hand in this. At present, of the Nilesat channels of NBA, ESPN, ESPN Classic, ESPN America and FOX Sports, only the first and last open with the AJS card. The others have a screen with the typical vertical colour lines used to indicate no transmission and that is the same situation using the Spiderbox, the TM and the Fonestar.

I guess some patience is called for here. Thanks again.
    your right m8 espn,espn america and espn classic have left eutelsat7wa today and also the meo package on hispasat. fox sports and nba tv are still broadcasting though as you know,regards mdt

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you only paid for a 6 month renewal on your Al jazeera card Jacobo40.
    All JSC cards bought in 2013 end on December 31.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flapper View Post
    I hope you only paid for a 6 month renewal on your Al jazeera card Jacobo40.
    All JSC cards bought in 2013 end on December 31.

That was true up until early march when Al Jazeera did a U-Turn and have said that cards will run the appropriate length of subscription when bought. Although some sites are saying that 9,10 & HD 1&2 will cease on May 2014

Wish they would make there minds up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast